Chief Briefs - Coppin State Edition | The Boneyard

Chief Briefs - Coppin State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My starting line-up, I haven’t seen in all the various rotations: Sanogo, Martin, Cole, Gaffney and Jackson. Hurley must have known it’s my line-up and he is torturing me. LOL
Against the better teams we need two ball handlers. Gaffney against quick defenders is our best penetrator.

Sanogo, there is always something satisfying about a guy who works hard and does things the right way succeeding. What a wonderful example he sets for others on the team, when the star does those things. What’s also impressive, is he now is dunking everything around the rim. He will get some double/doubles this year. One thing he can work on is assists back out.
Adama seals his man so well that he’s in good position for the pass and score. The play always starts before a Big gets the ball.

Martin looked really good taking the progress he made this summer into action. Major areas of improvement are finishing at the rim and entry passing.

Cole was steady and contributed to the win in various ways. Both Cole and Gaffney filled up the boxscore in various categories. Chief liked their team play. Diggins showed some flashes late of what he can do as did Johnson.
Whaley is a great kid and made some good entry passes and hustle plays but for those who thought he was a 3 point answer - please! Akok on the other hand would have an open 3 green light.

In fact, one thing I liked was for the most part our Bigs played like Bigs. Don’t underestimate owning the paint.

Hurley plans to use Jackson as the point of attack for defensive pressure. His length, aggressive and athleticism should work well in that role. Now if Danny could go to the same suit tailor as his assistant coaches.

Reaction Score
I definitely noticed Sanogo is dunking more as well. All last year, he had 8 total dunks (s/o @tcf15 for the dunk compilation video). This year, through two games, he has 5 already. We'll see if it continues against better competition, but definitely something I'll be keeping an eye on.

Reaction Score
Wow 9.5 years is a long time to wait to make your first post! Truly a "long time, first time". Well done!

Good eye. Very odd indeed. Why would a decade long lurker make such a post but not hit the "like" button? It does raise many questions and conspiracy theories are sure to abound.
ufo lol GIF by Justin Gammon

Reaction Score
My best lineup is Sanogo, Akok, Martin, Cole, Gaffney.
Akok and Whaley will be competing for minutes. Akok showed some 3 ability, while IW did not show that ability as some had hoped. Chief thinks the 4 ability will be big for the 4 position since it does spread the court. Sanogo is a paint 5. IW is the better overall defender, especially off the dribble. Akok may have more upside on shot blocking.
Should be interesting to watch play out.

Reaction Score
I definitely noticed Sanogo is dunking more as well. All last year, he had 8 total dunks (s/o @tcf15 for the dunk compilation video). This year, through two games, he has 5 already. We'll see if it continues against better competition, but definitely something I'll be keeping an eye on.
Adama is more explosive this year. What’s impressive about Adama is he displayed evidence yesterday of working on many of his weaknesses from last season. He was amazing sealing his man and creating a big target.
Still needs to not foul on the 3 line, but reached less and moved feet better in defense. He should only be smart aggressive out there or let his man go. Also, he should not to be aggressive on guard switches. He also needs to work on the inside out pass to a 3 shooter.
Over-all, what a great example for the other players when your star does things the right way.

Reaction Score
After 2 games akok has easily outplayed both Whaley and Jackson. he’s been one of our 4 or 5 best players. IMO Cole/Gaff/Martin/Akok/Sanogo is pretty clearly the best lineup right now. Optimistic hawk will force his way in there too.

Reaction Score
After 2 games akok has easily outplayed both Whaley and Jackson. he’s been one of our 4 or 5 best players. IMO Cole/Gaff/Martin/Akok/Sanogo is pretty clearly the best lineup right now. Optimistic hawk will force his way in there too.
No doubt, Gaffney and Akok have helped themselves. What Akok needs to demonstrate is how he physically competes against a bigger and stronger opponent.

Reaction Score

If we can figure out how to get away with six guys on the court we’ll win a lot of games as long as we keep them spaced out.

Reaction Score
If we can figure out how to get away with six guys on the court we’ll win a lot of games as long as we keep them spaced out.
I thought Geno said a very wise thing at halftime today. He said that more players should set screens for Paige and roll since she would often reward them. Chief thinks when you do things like that, it makes it seem to your opponents like you have 6 players on the court.
That’s another improvement Chief saw in Sanogo Saturday. He set some good screens and rolled and sometimes was rewarded.

Reaction Score
What is this gif trying to portray? Does it unintentionally confuse a light-year for a unit of time? Is it saying that Denny's gets its ingredients from a location 13,000 light-years away, or that its ingredients are 13,000 years old? And what is that weird glass dome over the restaurant?! I need answers!

Reaction Score
What is this gif trying to portray? Does it unintentionally confuse a light-year for a unit of time? Is it saying that Denny's gets its ingredients from a location 13,000 light-years away, or that its ingredients are 13,000 years old? And what is that weird glass dome over the restaurant?! I need answers!
Your reading to much into it. Though I can see what your getting at. Just an abduction since @ajka has been a member since 2012 and made 1st post yesterday. 13,000 light years to the ALIEN destination. Get a Job, LOL, Phew…… And that bubble should be a controlled atmosphere. SMH

Reaction Score
Chief is closing out the Coppin State edition of the popular Briefs series. Game tonight at 6:30pm. If you have any further questions, just post them after the game and Chief will do his best to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom