Chief’s Briefs - Xavier Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Xavier Edition

Reaction Score
He’s leaving points out there by not dunking from 1’ away. He also has a habit of bringing lobs down before going up with them. SJ does aerials, with either or both hands. Love him, but that drives me crazy.
I would rather have Donovan take and make the simple unspectacular shot, especially giving his foot and giving it more time to fully heal.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How DC should have been recognized by the league can be debated, but on a team where the MVP can be debated too because they really are a team, he makes us unique because his great impact is all over the place.

Free throws were bad but it kind of depends who is doing the shooting even though today even our better foul shooters were going 1 for 2. There really is no way practice can totally guarantee making an individual foul shot i don’t know if anyone took more foul shots than Wilt and he was bad.

Reaction Score
Hard to be critical but defense and free throw shooting have to be lights out If we want to win the next seven.
Tristen Newton is amazing. Built for the NBA. Why wouldn't some NBA team want him?
I agree Donavan Clingan is most impactful player in NCAA.
I actually hope we win at least the next eight...............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Our depth wears other teams down. Good for tournament time
Bingo! Yes, this team and its coaches have so many options with that deep bench. They really do wear teams down. What I’m particularly impressed by is Clingan's continuous improvement game by game, as well as improving play from Castle, Diara, and Samson Johnson. I think the only team that could have a chance against UConn in the NCAA’s is another Big East team. I’d love to see Hurley try Samson Johnson, Clingan, Newton, Castle and Spencer on the floor together. I mean the high low action would be devastating to some teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom