Chief’s Briefs - UNH Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - UNH Edition

Reaction Score
Cobb is going to get minutes against Zona but I just think Hurley wanted to get Carlton going, and I will go out on a limb here and say that our Carlton/Cobb developing tandem is not bad. Don’t ask me who comes in after them.

C

Chief00

On Akok - remember when I said either Thursday or Friday - to take this pro talk seriously and that one key school in the hunt recently pulled the plug on this recruitment. I also talked then about the Sudanese culture and the responsibilities expected of young men to support their families. Pro basketball is played throughout the World. He could join a pro team quicker than a college team where basically I believe he would have to wait until the Fall semester officially ends.
UConn is NOT orchestrating this - they have a good relationship with PSA - but you never stop recruiting.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
On Akok - remember when I said either Thursday or Friday - to take this pro talk seriously and that one key school in the hunt recently pulled the plug on this recruitment. I also talked then about the Sudanese culture and the responsibilities expected of young men to support their families. Pro basketball is played throughout the World. He could join a pro team quicker than a college team where basically I believe he would have to wait until the Fall semester officially ends.
UConn is NOT orchestrating this - they have a good relationship with PSA - but you never stop recruiting.

Chief, you are working too hard to get credit for this.

Reaction Score
I liked how, post game, Hurley was happy but at the same time was straightforward in saying "we haven't done anything yet". He also noted how he was hoping once his boys got the lead to 25 that in the huddle he told the boys he was hoping to push it to 30 but instead it dipped to 22 or 19, etc a few times. I feel....fine about the win but would have felt much better about a few more points our way and just a few less for unh, a 95-60 type of win or 97-59 or something. BTW UConn seems to love the number 91, win or lose. I even predicted a 91-76 win so at least this is +10 vs my prediction. Any way Next game will they stop at 91 too? UConn, as hurley said could have scored 100 today and hopefully next game they do.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Could you link to that please? I couldn’t find it, even though I see you posted a screen shot of it in another thread.

Reaction Score
We are gping to have 6 guards who can score next year, Alterique will be a star. Frontcourt is the focus and it's still a major weakness.

I agree I think AG will be the star next year. He will continue to shed the rust and we will really see his full abilities by the end of this year (*if he stays healthy).

C

Chief00

Chief has consistently said that UConn is the “leading option” and as recently as Friday morning.
However, we must take the pro thing seriously - since we don’t know how his SATs are going to go. Chief is not participating in the scholarship or financial aid debate - just take note that Chief is not concerned regarding that aspect.

Reaction Score
Patience with Carlton as well

He’s a solid mechanical fundamentals Big. Not athletic as some we will play at all - but heck neither were the Iowa guys who killed us. Carlton needs confidence as well and crushing UNH bigs is a step towards doing that in bigger games. Cobb? I know he disappeared some; I see Hurley spot playing him & he must have a plan. But I like his skills. Yes. Zone passing - he’s the best at UConn in a generation. Maybe Voskuhl.

We need to develop Bigs. Can’t count on Drummond’s dropping in.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As I recall, Wilson had a countdown on social media giving an indication of when he was is to return to game action (Tomorrow). If Hurley said anything in his post game conference (didn't see it), he merely confirmed to what Wilson was already alluding. Hardly a scoop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom