Chief’s Briefs - UMass Lowell Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - UMass Lowell Edition

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If we play like this Sunday it wont be good.Hurley’s rotation is way too long and that’s to be expected this early but I hope he pares down against Az.

It definitely looked like he was experimenting in the second half.

I have little doubt the rotation will be locked down against higher teams.

Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Polley, Carlton, Cobb, Smith will get minutes. Brendan Adams, Whaley, Wilson and Yakwe will get situational minutes.

Reaction Score
Anyone else love the emcee at the games this year? I mean we went from the cheerleader with a mic to a DJ to eye candy with a mic to now this guy....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We’re going to have a long rotation this year. When you press like we do, it’s almost mandatory.

10-11 players will see time this year but not all of them will see time each game.

UConn won't be going full court press against all teams for the entire game.

You'll see six players get 20+ minutes, two more get 10+ minutes and 2-3 others filling in for 2-3 minutes as necessary.

Wilson obviously had no impact today and I am a bit curious what message was being sent by not putting him until halfway through second half when game was in hand.

Reaction Score
For those who see Sid as the savior, Chief thinks you need to talk to Danny Hurley.
Gimme a break, it was his first 5 minutes of a college game ever. I don't think most people think Sid is a "savior" this year, but I guarantee you Hurley sees Sid as a big piece down the road, maybe even early in 2019.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wilson obviously had no impact today and I am a bit curious what message was being sent by not putting him until halfway through second half when game was in hand.
1) Coming off suspension. 2) Has never played a game in college & hasn't played in a "real" game in 18 months so he is a very rusty freshman. 3) He needs to earn his PT which I'm sure he will but with 4 guard offenses & Polley playing well it will be gradual

Reaction Score
Jeez guys he came into a game and immediately proceeded to blow a dunk. Kid is rusty, hasn’t played any college hoops and has been going through a bit of a adjustment period on the ole personality side.

It might be a little while before he sees decent minutes especially when offensively the team is going like it is.

Reaction Score
Jeez guys he came into a game and immediately proceeded to blow a dunk.

Honestly, I’m actually just excited that he tried to dunk it. After the last few years seeing how our guys try to lay it up soft and either get smacked around or miss the bunny. Excited he’s got the aggressive mindset right off the bat, just gotta shake the iron out of his shoes

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Jeez guys he came into a game and immediately proceeded to blow a dunk. Kid is rusty, hasn’t played any college hoops and has been going through a bit of a adjustment period on the ole personality side.

It might be a little while before he sees decent minutes especially when offensively the team is going like it is.
He was rejected by the rim AND knocked on his butt!!!

And how about that dunk by Jumpman!! A 0.5 on the Richter scale!! :eek:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Attendance was awful tonight. It’s been bad all year. Meh teams but yikes.
Any idea what attendance has been like at other schools regional(PC, Seton Hall, etc) in these early season cupcake games? and how we compare?

Reaction Score
Honestly, I’m actually just excited that he tried to dunk it. After the last few years seeing how our guys try to lay it up soft and either get smacked around or miss the bunny. Excited he’s got the aggressive mindset right off the bat, just gotta shake the iron out of his shoes

I'm super excited about him and i'm in no way dogging him lol. I'm just saying.. let him get his feet wet and make him earn it a bit.

caw

Reaction Score

I’m excited he got the rebound. He looks awfully hesitant (understandably) to do anything on offense in the limited time he was in. However, he does appear to bring some length and bounce to the lineup. I wouldn’t be surprised if he were getting serious minutes by the end of the year. I do not think he’s going to be stealing many from Polley though.

C

Chief00

Lower attendance is caused by the schedule. An AAC schedule will require no UMass Lowell type opponents to keep fans interested. One strong(ish) team after another needs to be coming to town these days. The fans just aren’t buying the weak opponents when they know the AAC will provide several duds too.

Danny won’t like this from a coach’s perspective but Chief would like to see 2-3 good home OOC games per year.

Reaction Score
I am also a bit surprised sid didn’t come in till the latter part of the second half -,if we were playing anyone else but a cupcake team I would completely understand , but geez give the kid at least 7-8 minutes especially knowing zona is coming up and you may need him to fill in In important spots. Rusty or not, we were up by 20+ , that’s how U shake the rust off- in exactly these type of situations. Strange

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It sounded like someone gets "awarded" the opportunity to rub one out together with ADub. Kinda strange to me and I'm sorta weirded out at trying to think through the logistics of how that award is handed out. Especially if eye contact is made at any point of the award presentation.
This week you win the “ crossed swords” trophy

BEC32276-A9C3-4AC8-98CF-A55DD27B75F6.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom