Chief’s Briefs - UF | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Just saying...Florida has 6 freshmen and 3 grad transfers at present. I think we caught them early on before they could help as a team.
We could see them again very soon in SC.

Reaction Score
I did like Sid’s approach at the foul line too. He had both confidence, concentration and did not rush things as I have seen him do in the past.
Didn’t he miss
Akok is a much better perimeter shooter than Okafor was as a freshman, is much more athletic in transition, and has a much quicker first step.
I agree with this. Okafor was better at scoring in the paint. I do think Akok is faster. Probably because he’s so much lighter.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This message board for UConn fans to share their opinion about their team. Some here lack the confidence in their takes on the team so much that they resent others who have insightful interesting posts. Don’t be one of those guys. If you find yourself complaining about other posters rather than posting about the team, especially the day after a big win, you’re doing it wrong.

You're doing the same thing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Agreed. And is not nearly as strong or capable of scoring around the rim. Very different players.

Or as good at rebounding and defensive position. And offensive sets and the rest.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Gaffney was manhandled by their guards on defense. They picked on him. (He'll rise to the task later in the season).

My friend was clenched all game

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Akok is a much better perimeter shooter than Okafor was as a freshman, is much more athletic in transition, and has a much quicker first step.
Agreed. And is not nearly as strong or capable of scoring around the rim. Very different players.

Yeah, completely different players.

Hate to say it, but based off game type and what Akok can do, I cringe suggesting he is a more skilled Ajou Deng.

Akok really gets off his feet quickly for rebounds and has proven to be a solid rim protector.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You're doing the same thing.
As are you, right?

Here's the thing though. The BY is rapidly becoming unreadable. We've already had a group splinter off, some of whom actually provided content. Now we've got a dedicated group using teenage 'mean girl' tactics to try to squelch a guy who actually writes entertaining and interesting posts. It is really ruining the place.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah, completely different players.

Hate to say it, but based off game type and what Akok can do, I cringe suggesting he is a more skilled Ajou Deng.

Akok really gets off his feet quickly for rebounds and has proven to be a solid rim protector.

He has more confidence and swagger (yuck) than Deng for sure. Similar skill set. But Deng was a wilting flower inside. Akok is not. He might get manhandled because he resembles a straw, but it won't be for lack of desire or mindset.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
As are you, right?

Here's the thing though. The BY is rapidly becoming unreadable. We've already had a group splinter off, some of whom actually provided content. Now we've got a dedicated group using teenage 'mean girl' tactics to try to squelch a guy who actually writes entertaining and interesting posts. It is really ruining the place.

I wasn't complaining tho.

Every response to a response of a chief post is what causes clutter. If you just let posters heckle, it dies right there and you move on. Just move on from those posts and the thread doesn't devolve into a chief discussion. If you care about the tenor of the thread, just let it go.

Chief often deserves to be heckled when he makes a thread about him, rather than the topic at hand. He writes a lot of self aggrandizing posts, which gets under peoples skin --- especially those who provide real, nuts and bolts content like tcf, storrs roars, matrim and bfield.

And who cares about 'likes' or 'dislikes' on a fan message board. They literally do not matter in the least. It's a bit of comedy at the absolute most.

CL82

Reaction Score

Every response to a response of a chief post is what causes clutter. If you just let posters heckle, it dies right there and you move on. Just move on from those posts and the thread doesn't devolve into a chief discussion. If you care about the tenor of the thread, just let it go.

Chief often deserves to be heckled when he makes a thread about him, rather than the topic at hand. He writes a lot of self aggrandizing posts, which gets under peoples skin --- especially those who provide real, nuts and bolts content like tcf, storrs roars, matrim and bfield.

And who cares about 'likes' or 'dislikes' on a fan message board. They literally do not matter in the least. It's a bit of comedy at the absolute most.
Lol, yeah you pretty much were. Anyway we disagree. Chief posts about the team. If everyone else did there would not be an issue. It is a simple enough point, right?

pj

Reaction Score

Chief is intelligent, informative, good-humored, and generally a pleasure to read on the topic of basketball. His self-referential posts are part of his schtick -- he is outgoing, strives to entertain, and I'm sure that in real life many would find him entertaining. And those who don't could go find other friends.

I don't believe that tcf, matrim, or Bfieldhusky are among those whose skin Chief gets under. On the contrary, I bet they are the ones who will recognize the value of his basketball substance. It's the people who don't know enough basketball to recognize substance that hate Chief the most.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Lol, yeah you pretty much were. Anyway we disagree. It is a simple enough point, right?

No I wasn't, merely pointing out the obvious. I don't have any emotional attachment one way or the other about any of these posts. They don't bother me. I skip what I don't want to read.

Chief posts about the team. If everyone else did there would not be an issue.

If Chief just posted about the team, then I'd agree. But chief posts about himself just as much as the team. That's making a thread about chief as much as anything else. Gets under people's skin. They voice their opinion. And that's it.

You won't change these posters opinion or habits, so it's up to you to either drop it or perpetuate it. Your call.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Chief is intelligent, informative, good-humored, and generally a pleasure to read on the topic of basketball. His self-referential posts are part of his schtick -- he is outgoing, strives to entertain, and I'm sure that in real life many would find him entertaining. And those who don't could go find other friends.

And yet, his style causes problems, so others don't agree.

I don't believe that tcf, matrim, or Bfieldhusky are among those whose skin Chief gets under. On the contrary, I bet they are the ones who will recognize the value of his basketball substance. It's the people who don't know enough basketball to recognize substance that hate Chief the most.

lol no. You haven't paid attention to their replies. They all comment on it, and several have gotten into mild back and forths about it -- I'm merely looking at the content of posts. They aren't the only ones.

Reaction Score
And yet, his style causes problems, so others don't agree.

lol no. You haven't paid attention to their replies. They all comment on it, and several have gotten into mild back and forths about it -- I'm merely looking at the content of posts. They aren't the only ones.
Chief is fine. Yourself and others take this way too seriously lmao. It’s a internet message board for crying out loud

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Chief is fine.

For you.

Yourself and others take this way too seriously lmao. It’s a internet message board for crying out loud

I don't care one way or another about chief. Just edifying on the dynamics of the board.

Others don't enjoy it, so they razz him for it. THAT is a standard message board dynamic. Message boards are built for that. You're supposed to have thick enough skin to take a punch.

And clearly, those who are constantly complaining about those who razz chief care more than anybody else.

I can tell you one thing, the 'splinter cell' CL82 mentions is driven partially by the latter.

CL82

Reaction Score
No I wasn't, merely pointing out the obvious. I don't have any emotional attachment one way or the other about any of these posts. They don't bother me. I skip what I don't want to read.

If Chief just posted about the team, then I'd agree. But chief posts about himself just as much as the team. That's making a thread about chief as much as anything else. Gets under people's skin. They voice their opinion. And that's it.

You won't change these posters opinion or habits, so it's up to you to either drop it or perpetuate it. Your call.
Lol, we are way, way past that dynamic. Take a look at Chief's posts, they have been on topic. His style is his style and has been the same since day one. And he's taken a lot of shots over it over the years, more than most posters, and rolled with the punches and moved on. The whole mean girl thing is new and impacts the readability of the board. A lot. Almost to the point of making the place useless for those who want to to talk about the team.

But that's just 'stating the obvious.'

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Lol, we are way, way past that dynamic. Take a look at Chief's posts, they have been on topic. His style is his style and has been the same since day one. And he's taken a lot of shots over it over the years, more than most posters, and rolled with the punches and moved on. The whole mean girl thing is new and impacts the readability of the board. A lot. Almost to the point of making the place useless for those who want to to talk about the team.

But that's just 'stating the obvious.'

lol CL, he just had a complete meltdown and quite the board for a weak in a big pout. Then returned and started posted about the same damn thing. All over a bunch of 'dislikes'. Could have just laughed it off.

It's the exact opposite of what you say there.

And he's taken a lot of shots over it over the years, more than most posters, and rolled with the punches and moved on.

If he removed himself from the equation, he'd take no shots. So, he does it to himself. Can't cry about that.

CL82

Reaction Score
lol CL, he just had a complete meltdown and quite the board for a weak in a big pout. Then returned and started posted about the same damn thing. All over a bunch of 'dislikes'. Could have just laughed it off.
Yep but that's off topic right? We're talking about the people who crap up the threads, right? That's my beef. People can be as big an azhole to each other as they want so long as it doesn't crap up the board.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yep but that's off topic right? We're talking about the people who crap up the threads, right? That's my beef. People can be as big an azhole to each other as they want so long as it doesn't crap up the board.

Nobody's crapping on chief atm, and yet, we've totally cluttered up this thread. It's the discussion about it that does it.

If chief posts about himself, that's off topic.

You have to take razzing a de rigueur on a message board. If people skip over things they think clutter a board, that clutter is barely noticed. I mean, you're saying your problem is clutter, and then continue to clutter by discussing that clutter.

If you ignored it, it would be a small pile of crap in the corner of the thread.

That's what I'm saying.

Reaction Score
No. He made both.
Did he? I know Vital did at the end. But I remember us complaining about AG missing in the chat...
Like Carlton can miss but AG can’t.
so I think I know what I’m talking about. But thanks!

Reaction Score

Thank you Chief for what you bring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger