Chief’s Briefs - @ UCF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - @ UCF

Reaction Score
There were several play executions in the second half that worked real well particularly with Carlton scoring. That’s the takeaway from this game, we have a real go to guy down on the blocks, who is going to be great for us! I’m skipping the negatives here because we all know what they are.

Reaction Score
At least there were some nice pick-n-rolls with the bigs in the second half.

Carlton and Whaley definitely have been coached up and improving.

At least they were recruited their talent seems to be higher than their ranking.

Reaction Score
I have two major issues with the coaching besides same offense game in and game out,
  1. Ollies play call with 3 plus left in the game. Down 3 he ran a set play for a Vital three. The only problem was the play was designed with no one underneath so down 3 and your using your big for a screen. So he missed the three and 3 UCF guys fight for the rebound against each other and then they score and put game away.
  2. Down 9 we make a come back and eventually tie the game. After under 8 timeout Ollie takes out Carlton who was playing the best most aggressive basketball he has shown all season. He also takes out Larrier. Vital was already resting. So we were down 2 with Adams, Anderson, Polley, Whaley and Onourah. Doubling Adams and the rest could not score if if their lives depended on it. We had a quick deep 2 by Polley that he missed badly and a drive turnaround jumper by Anderson he missed badly. They extended lead and we never tied it again.
In what world should DO play 13 minutes to Diarras 2? How can anyone defend this decision?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This team is so effed next year I'm hoping the football team puts me out of my misery before basketball starts up
I wish I'd worded my original better so that it could be captured as any acronym, but once again, "I can't bring myself to like this, but I have to acknowledge its reality." And somehow I hold hope it's just an exaggeration.

There are other posts where I want to say, "Say it isn't so," or, "I hate that you might be right," or, "I can't bring myself to say that, but I admit to having thought it."

And I didn't even watch the game...and felt a bit relieved when I saw that a replay wasn't already posted when I woke up this morning. And that was before I even knew the score.

I'm well aware that it's pure snobbery and reflects poorly on me, but the only thing worse than being in a conference with directional universities is losing to them. Playing them is a lose-lose: it doesn't matter if you win, and it's awful if you lose. I wish I were more mature about this. AND, I did actually root for UCF over Auburn, though the coach has gone B1G. Sorry, I'm my own version of as bad as everybody else here

I figured it was better to just dump all my sad & negative energy in one place and move on. The janitor can throw some sawdust on it, and it doesn't matter whether it get cleaned up or not.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have two major issues with the coaching besides same offense game in and game out,
  1. Ollies play call with 3 plus left in the game. Down 3 he ran a set play for a Vital three. The only problem was the play was designed with no one underneath so down 3 and your using your big for a screen. So he missed the three and 3 UCF guys fight for the rebound against each other and then they score and put game away.
  2. Down 9 we make a come back and eventually tie the game. After under 8 timeout Ollie takes out Carlton who was playing the best most aggressive basketball he has shown all season. He also takes out Larrier. Vital was already resting. So we were down 2 with Adams, Anderson, Polley, Whaley and Onourah. Doubling Adams and the rest could not score if if their lives depended on it. We had a quick deep 2 by Polley that he missed badly and a drive turnaround jumper by Anderson he missed badly. They extended lead and we never tied it again.
In what world should DO play 13 minutes to Diarras 2? How can anyone defend this decision?
Well, I can defend not watching with some particularity, so there's that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's be honest, here. The offense is offensive, to say the least. Whatever they are practicing, isn't working, so do something else
Doing something else with this current team is next to impossible - they are a bad team
There is 2 scorers - JA and CV/TL
The young bigs show very little glimpse of any offense and are outweighed, outmuscled and out smarted on D
TL is a handicap on defense as is everyone closing down on perimeter shooters on a consistent basis
Once you cut off the head of this snake (JA) the whole body just dies - CV has shown glimpses of scoring and some control but that isn't enough from 1 never mind the others.
Its always a battle of men vs boys - in stature and skill

Reaction Score
I noticed Larrier added a new wrinkle to his game: The Dirk one footed contested fade away. He missed it badly but it was better than his lay up that goes over the backboard against smaller players shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom