Chief’s Briefs - @ UCF | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - @ UCF

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, my concerns about the “gametime decision” were realized. Five minutes into the game we had three points, a banked three pointer at that! Eight minutes into the first half still 3 points. This is not what you practice!

- I think UConn leads the country in moving screens - does anyone keep that statistic?

- We are not moving the ball around on offense - too many sticky guys. Anderson comes in and shoots at first contact with the ball. What makes him think it’s a good idea?

- Turnovers are once again killing us. You don’t like to beat yourself game after game by making the same type of mistake. Enough said.

- We call a timeout to stop our first fast break with 12 minutes left in the first half. Great idea.

- Interesting that Vital leads the AAC on three point attempts. We need more offensive discipline on this team.

- UCF three buckets off inbounds plays this game, is that 3 more than we have scored this year?

- Turnovers continue to plague us - or is it poor decision making and selfishness at its root?

- Can’t stay in front of Taylor

- UConn needs a solution to doubling on Adams. Very careless as a team with the ball.

- A game of misopportunities. Ultimately, you need to make shots to take advantage of your opponent’s mistakes.

- Shoutout to my Bro Bunkey - stay strong, keep it real.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It's not selfishness, it's called putting 5 guys on the floor who don't know what the game plan is, other than "figure out what the strengths and weaknesses are of the other team mid-game and set some picks for Jalen and take a shot if you must".

Reaction Score
Liked what we saw from Larrier down the stretch looking for his teammates more. He has a lot to gain from one more year of school with a good coach (not that it’s likely).

Reaction Score
It's not selfishness, it's called putting 5 guys on the floor who don't know what the game plan is, other than "figure out what the strengths and weaknesses are of the other team mid-game and set some picks for Jalen and take a shot if you must".
They know what the game plan is. It is pass the ball around the perimeter and hope for a lane to open and if it doesn't than Jalen can bail them out with hero ball. Unfortunately Jalen was off tonight. LOL!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, my concerns about the “gametime decision” were realized. Five minutes into the game we had three points, a banked three pointer at that! Eight minutes into the first half still 3 points. This is not what you practice!

- I think UConn leads the country in moving screens - does anyone keep that statistic?

- We are not moving the ball around on offense - too many sticky guys. Anderson comes in and shoots at first contact with the hall. What makes him think it’s a good idea?

- Turnovers are once again killing us. You don’t like to beat yourself game after game by making the same type of mistake. Enough said.

- We call a timeout to stop our first fast break with 12 minutes left in the first half. Great idea.

- Interesting that Vital leads the AAC on three point attempts. We need more offensive discipline on this team.

- UCF three buckets off inbounds plays this game, is that 3 more than we have scored this year?

- Turnovers continue to plague us - or is it poor decision making and selfishness at its root?

- UConn needs a solution to doubling on Adams. Very careless as a team with the ball.

- A game of misopportunities. Ultimately, you need to make shots to take advantage of your opponent’s mistakes.

1. Chief invented a word. Nice. #misopportunities

2. Always healthy to be reminded what’s important. Friends. Our friend Bunkey.

Reaction Score

- We are not moving the ball around on offense - too many sticky guys. Anderson comes in and shoots at first contact with the hall. What makes him think it’s a good idea?

Chief all of your issues seem to stem from one major concern. A floor general. It’s really amazing how Gilbert killed us. It must be killing him. If Jalen is our secondary ball handler and playmaker we suddenly look much smarter more efficient and much calmer. As noted. We have always had two point guards. We are running with 3 combos and a tall shooting guard at the 4. Terry actually had his best game this year if you ask me considering his time off and vision. I think he had 2 turnovers but some good boards and played tougher than usual with some energy. Jalen and Christian look beat like this time last year when the miles started adding up.

Reaction Score
This team is so effed next year I'm hoping the football team puts me out of my misery before basketball starts up

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bunkey is part of the ncaa investigation.

Conf__ed

If you told me I had to choose between watching Bunkey dance and drive from his front seat or go to Gample on Saturday I’d start making a playlist.

C

Chief00

Bunkey is part of the ncaa investigation.

Conf__ed

I assume you are just putting that out there for humor. If you are serious, Go get some facts and come back and see us.

C

Chief00

Liked what we saw from Larrier down the stretch looking for his teammates more. He has a lot to gain from one more year of school with a good coach (not that it’s likely).

Larrier shot 37% or 6 of 16. Hardly winning numbers. The bright side was he was 50% from three (3 for 6). His looks did not turn into assists but granted it’s only an assist if the guy makes the shot.

C

Chief00

The other thing - once again we get out rebounded on the offensive boards 12-6. It seems there have been a few games this year we get beat 2-1 on the offensive boards. A good indicator of effort.

C

Chief00

Chief, what are your sources saying about "the vibes"?

The vibes are never good when you lose and don’t take advantage of opportunities. How would vibes be with Calhoun under these circumstances? Mid night practice anyone?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Chief all of your issues seem to stem from one major concern. A floor general. It’s really amazing how Gilbert killed us.

It really is amazing how they didn't plan at all for the likelihood (based on the history of basketball players with that injury) that he might not be 100% all season.

Oh wait, they did- they recruited MAL. And lost him.

(that's even worse!)

Reaction Score
If you told me I had to choose between watching Bunkey dance and drive from his front seat or go to Gample on Saturday I’d start making a playlist.
Don’t forget the light post pull-ups

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Let's be honest, here. The offense is offensive, to say the least. Whatever they are practicing, isn't working, so do something else

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
So, so, so tired. I want to look away and not let it get to me but I can't. So, I have to remember these are young men playing for my program and so I'LL continue to root for them and separate them from all the bullshiggidy.

Reaction Score
Chief all of your issues seem to stem from one major concern. A floor general. It’s really amazing how Gilbert killed us. It must be killing him. If Jalen is our secondary ball handler and playmaker we suddenly look much smarter more efficient and much calmer. As noted. We have always had two point guards. We are running with 3 combos and a tall shooting guard at the 4. Terry actually had his best game this year if you ask me considering his time off and vision. I think he had 2 turnovers but some good boards and played tougher than usual with some energy. Jalen and Christian look beat like this time last year when the miles started adding up.
+1
No one else can create a shot for Adams and every opponent knows it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom