Chief’s Briefs - Temple | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Temple

C

Chief00

- Polley has an exaggerated body lean on his open 3 point jumper, which creates a flat shot. He puts his feet out in front and sticks his butt out in back. No shot balance.
- Well we know why Jim Calhoun takes a guy out after 2 fouls in the first half - eg Vital.
- How many unforced or semi forced turnovers do we have? Just not mentally focused to play. Why do we repeat such bad habits?
- Dave O - why do we play him over Williams? OK we need his size in theory but he really is not a basketball player.
- Temple is releasing a guy and we have no court balance with our guards dribbling out of control into the lane.
- With Vital on the bench with foul trouble - 3 of our 4 best scorers are out. Gilbert, Larrier and Vital.
- 24-4 run to end half. Just shows we have no offensive foundation to go to when needed. Our offense is just random probability from random shots not basic plays we can run that produce good shots.
- But, let’s not over analyze things - we don’t even shoot well in warm-ups.
- We don’t move on offense - dribble and jack up bad shots.
- We get man handled down low. Freshmen not strong enough.
- When Anderson is your leading scorer for much of the game - you know you have an offensive production issue.
- Tbe changing zones are a disaster.
- Blaze principle - if a guy doesn’t shoot north of 70% in warm/ups - don’t recruit him.

I have never done this but so disgusted - sending the Briefs before end of game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
- Polley has an exaggerated body lean on his open 3 point jumper, which creates a flat shot. He puts his feet out in front and sticks his butt out in back. No shot balance.
- Well we know why Jim Calhoun takes a guy out after 2 fouls in the first half - eg Vital.
- How many unforced or semi forced turnovers do we have? Just not mentally focused to play. Why do we repeat such bad habits?
- Dave O - why do we play him over Williams? OK we need his size in theory but he really is not a basketball player.
- Temple is releasing a guy and we have no court balance with our guards dribbling out of control into the Kane.
- With Vital on the bench with foul trouble - 3 of our 4 best scorers are out. Gilbert, Larrier and Vital.
- 24-4 run to end half. Just shows we have no offensive foundation to go to when needed. Our offense is just random probability from random shots not basic plays we can run that produce good shots.
- When Anderson is your leading scorer for much of the game - you know you have an offensive production issue.
- Blaze principle - if a guy doesn’t shoot north of 70% in warm/ups - don’t recruit him.

I have never done this but so disgusted - sending the Briefs before end of game.

All this and you don't mention Jalen played like garbage!?

Reaction Score
jalen had his share of mistakes but he was constantly being double and triple teamed.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
- Temple is releasing a guy and we have no court balance with our guards dribbling out of control into the Kane.

I don't blame you for prematurely unloading in your Briefs tonight, Chief. That made me sick to my stomach too.

Reaction Score

We aren't good. Actually, we are pretty bad. When teams can scheme solely to deal with Adams, it's going to be a long night. Vital's third foul was the backbreaker. He really provides the only other potential source of offense on the floor with this group.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Agree on Williams. This kid needs a legitimate shot on the court. We crushed down low. Our bigs not beefy enough?Or is it BBIQ.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I don't blame you for prematurely unloading in your Briefs tonight, Chief. That made me sick to my stomach too.
I was about to say the same thing. I just got on line and Chief had it al;ready in the room. LOL

Reaction Score
That was actually good. The warm-up shooting comments put some real teeth into the post. I liked these briefs. It wouldn't surprise me if even Big E McCracken, ESQ. liked these comments.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Carlton actually has BBIQ but needs to get much stronger.

Anticipation and footwork need to get better too. I feel like he's often flat footed.

Reaction Score
Agree, unfortunately - it’s almost beyond analysis.
Never thought to ask what your opinion was with all the coaching drama. Should he stay, finish out, buy out, our get canned? I am still with finish as that’s the kind of guy I am.

Reaction Score
This team has so many issues with consistency. After SMU I felt the season was saved. But I still believe in this teams. Call me delusional call me a fan. Im sad but this is all we can do at this point.

Reaction Score
New Hampshire vs. Temple - Box Score - November 14, 2016 - ESPN

It's not easy to go into the Liacouras Center and get a win. When we did it, it was because we had a veteran roster that could control the tempo, limit turnovers, and keep the crowd out of it. Turning it over 16 times like UConn did tonight is a recipe for disaster, and as far as taking the crowd out of it, well they didn't do that either. It's harder to yell Fly Eagles Fly when you've just been kicked in the gut, but that's the importance of leadership. Jalen Smith's don't grow on trees.

Reaction Score
- Temple is releasing a guy and we have no court balance with our guards dribbling out of control into the lane.

I've never done this...I went to bed at halftime.

Thanks for the update, I think. No confidence here. However, I still say O and Cobb should play D-line for us in the fall.

C

Chief00

Never thought to ask what your opinion was with all the coaching drama. Should he stay, finish out, buy out, our get canned? I am still with finish as that’s the kind of guy I am.

Good question, I was leaning toward staying one more year - with some shooters coming in and a potentially healthy squad next year. I still think KO’s system would work with future NBA players who can create their own offense with ease and others who can hit open shots. But, the inability to attain these players is a glaring weakness as is the inability to compete in so many games. Now the need for something much less than $9 million - makes it an easier decision.

What’s interesting to me is that no coaches or players appear to have been restricted yet or put on paid administrative leave. I am taking at face value the Cobb situation. Since there was an internal investigation that one would assume ask recruiting questions - no one is officially on the record clearly of lying to the University, at this point.

When I think of groups of three:
- I think of the Boston guys going to PC
- I think of Diallo, Sid and Bamba and connections to someone in NYC
- I think of the three money recruits that headed SEC.
Under most of these scenarios, Glen Miller’s name keeps popping up as , at a minimum, someone with knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom