Chief’s Briefs - Special Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Special Edition

C

Chief00

As you might expect, Chief is getting messaged by various casual fans regarding what do Benedict’ word’s really mean? So I figured I would do a rare non-game Special Edition to answer the questions as best I can. Incidentally, the news conference thread has some excellent insights by various posters, that I agree with.

OK it’s time now for me to read the stitches on the fastball.
- UConn’s spin will be whatever violations KO and the boys made, they were done out of ignorance and not malice intent. He made it a point to say the rule book is thick and coaches should seek out Compliance if they have questions. That implies out of ignorance or incompetence coaches just did stuff that are technical violations or greater.
So UConn doesn’t seem to be arguing that rules were not violated but rather it was not done intentionally or with malice. Of course, a violation regardless of background, can activate a “for cause” clause in the contract to avoid the buyout.
- I agree with those who feel if the season ended today, KO would be gone. However, if they make a run toward the end of the season it’s possible KO could salvage things. Where I don’t go along with Dave is that the current team has similar potential to those past UConn teams that made runs.

- This isn’t personal between KO and Dave at this time. Given the circumstances there is stress but not a toxic relationship.

I could go on, but those are the key takeaways Chief wanted to quickly get out there.

C

Chief00

Sure - but I really don’t watch a lot of movies lately - why?

Reaction Score
There are people in the AD that are suppose to monitor and keep the coach abreast of compliance issues.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Do you like movies about gladiators?

Sure - but I really don’t watch a lot of movies lately - why?
It went right over his head AW.

upload_2018-2-6_19-57-12.jpeg

C

Chief00

There are people in the AD that are suppose to monitor and keep the coach abreast of compliance issues.

Great coaching opportunity for Chief - On some recruiting issues KO and staff need to ask about - these things happen often on the road.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Based on what was said and what we interpret it to mean, it does not sound like there are serious infractions (i.e . Payoffs). Of course, Emmert will look to hand down the death penalty for even a minor infraction, and strip all program wins including championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom