Chief’s Briefs - PC Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - PC Edition

Reaction Score
Clingan came in at 14 minutes second half with a 5 point lead and left with a 13 point lead 6 minutes later. Sanogo rested, came back and did damage to stretch it out. Nice.
PC didn't have an answer to DC and it showed! We have great pieces, hair and handles a marketer's dream.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hawk is something else. He never stops running to get open, never slows down, never gets tired. Is this what it was like watching Rip?

Reaction Score
Hawk is something else. He never stops running to get open, never slows down, never gets tired. Is this what it was like watching Rip?
After the first 3 minutes or so, Hawkins was on track to have his worst game of the season. Was getting absolutely WORKED by Carter

He finished with 20 points on 50%.

He just does NOT lose confidence this season. If he had the confidence and jitters of his freshman year last night, he would have shot 2-14. But this year he knows he's a bad mf'ing man, and he's gonna bring it every possession. I love it

Reaction Score
Yep, it is like watching RIP. Calhoun would set a double screen for RIP that was a little more effective. And Rip was a bit longer and leaner.

Reaction Score
After the first 3 minutes or so, Hawkins was on track to have his worst game of the season. Was getting absolutely WORKED by Carter

He just does NOT lose confidence this season. If he had the confidence and jitters of his freshman year last night, he would have shot 2-14. But this year he knows he's a bad mf'ing man, and he's gonna bring it every possession. I love it
Hurley did a great job with him…player’s get better coming to Uconn…Martin, Coles, etc.

Reaction Score

Exactly 100%. His skill set and his conditioning have improved so much, but the confidence aspect can't be understated. Last year, when UConn was up 2 against Auburn and all they had to do was hold the ball within the last 10 seconds and hit FTs, Hawk fumbled the ball away and then KD Johnson tied the game. The thing I remembered most was Hawkins bad body language-he doesn't do that anymore.

Reaction Score
Hawk had 20 pts with 13 minutes left in the game. I know he went out with an ankle for a minute or 2, but we still managed to run the lead up to 20+ without him scoring. The team is seems dialed in and confident. Everyone is ready to contribute and knows their role now.

Reaction Score
Hurley did an excellent job managing minutes last night. The starters were playing with high energy and got a total of 154 minutes. It would have been higher if Hawk didn’t get injured. Alleyne picked up some of those extra minutes and played admirably. It looks like he’s settling into a range of 15-20 minutes per game. Kudos to him since he struggled earlier in the season. I’m not a fan of Alleyne and Diarra together, but they proved me wrong by playing great defense in the second half. Unfortunately, it looks like Hurley is allergic to Double Bigs so Clingan will continue to get 10-15 minutes per game. The reality is Sanogo is too valuable to receive less than 25 minutes per game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Carter is impressive defensively, makes what Jordan did even more impressive.

Reaction Score
Someone asked about Rip. Rip never stopped moving, ever until he was open. He did it here he did it in the NBA. I’m glad Hawk went to school on him because Natty and NBA championships. Not many players get both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom