Chief’s Briefs - Monmouth Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Monmouth Edition

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I do know. I know quite well. And I know why he leaves. So shut it,

Is it cuz he might get asked an awkward question??? Do tell!

Reaction Score
So, what is your position in the AD?
I don’t have a position in the AD. I’d dare to say that people in the AD today don’t know all that much about him. Dee Rowe, Tim To.okan, etc don’t work there anymore. There are many close friends of his who know a lot more about him than people in the athletic dept.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
77790FAF-8002-4CF2-9A60-97B4E0CF414A.jpeg

posted for the lolz

Dom Amore is now the special assistant to the associate dean of sitting upstairs.

C

Chief00

I don’t have a position in the AD. I’d dare to say that people in the AD today don’t know all that much about him. Dee Rowe, Tim To.okan, etc don’t work there anymore. There are many close friends of his who know a lot more about him than people in the athletic dept.

True.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You’re an -ing idiot. The man can come and go whenever he wants. And did you ever think that he might be leaving so that he’s not in the awkward position of having to be on the receiving end of fans asking him to come back and save the program or worse, and far more likely, having a media member ask a question for which there is no good answer? Of course you didn’t.

And I can guarantee you that he gives not one what you or anyone else thinks about it.

No dipshit. He sat with UConn administration. The media is in the upper level has been for a few seasons. And the LAST place he’d sit is with the media - he’d never put himself in that position. Why do you think he hasn’t been quoted much the last few years. Good try though

He’s next to Dave Kaplan from UConn’s Video Dept. That woman gets that seat as the roving SNY live broadcast sideline reporter. Kinda hard for her to do her job from upstairs. In case you aren’t aware (and clearly you aren’t) she’s “working” for UConn cuz it’s the official tv broadcast of UConn basketball. And she’s not allowed to “interview”Jim Calhoun without his permission. And no member of media is going to come down and interview him during the game. After, when they’re hustling to the locker room and media center? Yup. And, as others have said, he doesn’t need to be delayed getting out of there.

Just stop - the optics that KO has created are really all that anyone cares about - except for you.

Feel free to apologize when you get a shot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I do know. I know quite well. And I know why he leaves. So shut it,
give it up pal
you are too new to know the tenor of things around here
or then you might be someone hiding behind a new name

Reaction Score
First, the Business side - take a million from the additional $40 million given to the clowns who run the XL and spend it on ticket takers and security scanners. It’s totally an embarrassment the lines for 7,000 fans, due to poor processes and understaffing the key function of getting people into the building. If the clueless folks, who run things were good business people, they would realize they could make the money up in concessions if folks got into the building quicker.
- Now basketball, we lose two seven point leads by jacking up threes and not using a timeout until Monmouth ties the game. KO has got to call the timeout earlier.
- I thought Anderson did a good job the second half on the Monmouth player who went off the first half. He was talking a lot of trash and I am glad someone took the challenge.
- Cobbs ankle looked really bad - not much mobility and it likely won’t be much better Tuesday.
- Big Dave, if he has a role, it would have been today. They had some big guys with not much skill but a lot of weight. Dave, unfortunately, did not impress.
- I have been tough love on Adams but he really stood out tonight as our best player.
- I like Vital but I could not understand his backcourt foul with 3.4 seconds left and us up by 3. Otherwise he made some good plays.
- KO is starting to design some action off penetrations - the other 4 guys are just not standing on the 3 line. A guy is coming to the basket from the wing and another guy is coming across the court to the weak side corner or wing.
- Memo to Jeff Jacobs - Jim Calhoun left with about 3:38 left in the game - please don’t throw a hissy fit. He was simply going to spend time with his family not making a basketball statement.
- I think Carlton will show steady improvement. While I like Diarra’s energy at 6-5 he is at a size disadvantage. However, he had a nice block and got some rebounds.

Time to celebrate another OT win. I know the casual fans will say we should win by 30 but I always respect the opponents and cherish a hard earned win.

* I totally agree about the metal detector debacles. It's ridiculous.

* I am now officially terrified about the potential lengthy period of time that AG may be out. It's hard to play a three guard lineup with three guards. CV, AA, and JA played 129 out of a possible 135 minutes?? That can't last.

*AA did a great job on their stud. Made a huge difference in the game. Larrier played a tad better on defense today, but Monmouth focused much more on getting the ball to the post.

* DO stinks. Let's not sugarcoat it. This was a game he should have helped (Monmouth had clunky size) and he stunk. We will be a Diarra, Carlton, Cobb team... possibly by Tuesday.

*Polley has to play more than four minutes. He will have to spell Larrier and one of the "Iron Three" guards. He rushed a shot down the stretch and HCKO was angry. It was a forced shot taken by a kid trying to make something happen to get more minutes.

* I'm going to MSG on Tuesday. We will be competitive in that game. We know they will.be in their zone. Larrier at the foul line against it will work.

Reaction Score
It’s so stupid that Calhoun leaves with 3:38 left.

This is the critical 3:38 of family time?

Just either stay home or stay. Giving everyone a reason to devine his motivations is stupid.

He is a senior. Have you ever been to a women’s game?

C

Chief00

He is a senior. Have you ever been to a women’s game?

Not in a long time.

He was going home and due to his joint replacements it does make sense for Jim Calhoun to beat the crowd. Now if he leaves a St Joseph’s game early for something other than a second technical foul - then we have a story - LOL.

C

Chief00

BDF7345B-DBAD-44C6-8D8D-65C78A3B26D9.png

Jim Calhoun continues to contribute and provide guidance for those like Gilbert, who are smart enough to listen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom