Chief’s Briefs - Marquette Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Marquette Edition

Reaction Score
The starters played well and Hassan Diarra played like a starter.

We defended and score and Donovan owned the paint and rebounded.

Johnson really needs to be in the gym and work on his foul shooting.

Alex is officially out of his slump with 23 points tonight.

Cam was 5 for 6 on threes. Good job.

A win on the road against the sixth rank team is huge. Congratulations to the players and coaches. Great job!

But we had to overcome the Big East UConn referee handicap in the second half and that translated to not getting foul shots late in game.

Reaction Score
Great win on the road.
CS is a fiery guy and gets a T but it is ok for the fans to yell "f@#%" Cam Spencer".
I did not like how we played on the offensive end the last 3:45. I know they wanted to eat up some clock but they did not run any sets.

Reaction Score
We had a 13 rebound advantage and led our opponents in assist 18 to 8. Two themes we have seen all season.

Alex was 5 for 9 from three and Cam was 5 for 7. So combined 10 for 16 was huge from three. That’s 30 points in a 7 point win.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
But we had to overcome the Big East UConn referee handicap in the second half and that translated to not getting foul shots late in game.
This.

I know there are many on this board who will speak about the supposed advantages that membership in this conference provides in selling the school to the fan base and recruits )each of which I don't fully buy) but what we have to deal with is absolute bullspit.

Purdue (Edey specifically) is protected by the B1G. I don't want that. I absolutelt don't want special treatment but something that remotely resembles fair treatment shouldn't be too much to ask.

Reaction Score
After Cams 3 we were a Chinese fire drill on offense and it needs to get fixed. Watching the tape will help the team. AK played a huge role in us keeping our lead. He really stepped up tonight. Solo Ball again basically a DNP. Donovan is like a jungle gym for opposing defenders every game. Does the league office ever address something like that with the officials?

Reaction Score

A win on the road against the sixth rank team is huge. Congratulations to the players and coaches. Great job!

Great effort all around. Samsons free throw strike is hard to watch and i agree the refs sucked late. When Donovan gets deep i wish he would go up strong and dunk.

Reaction Score

Chief, you understand what happened at the end with reffing but many here do not. We weren’t losing the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Castle had a horrendous game finishing, especially for a finisher. I'm declaring him pre-disastered and he will show that you can revert to the mean in a postive fashion in games to come.

Reaction Score
Castle had a horrendous game finishing, especially for a finisher. I'm declaring him pre-disastered and he will show that you can revert to the mean in a postive fashion in games to come.
Missed a lot of contested layups but played outstanding defense and drained his free throws at the end like a pro. I have massive confidence when he steps to the line. Good luck trying to catch up with newton, karaban, Spencer, castle and diarra

Reaction Score
This.

I know there are many on this board who will speak about the supposed advantages that membership in this conference provides in selling the school to the fan base and recruits )each of which I don't fully buy) but what we have to deal with is absolute bullspit.

Purdue (Edey specifically) is protected by the B1G. I don't want that. I absolutelt don't want special treatment but something that remotely resembles fair treatment shouldn't be too much to ask.
I couldn’t agree more. There is a lot of jealousy towards our program and we have a very weak League Commissioner. As for the refs - way too many personal agendas rather than professionalism.

Reaction Score
Chief, you understand what happened at the end with reffing but many here do not. We weren’t losing the game.
Thanks. And when Spencer and Karaban shoot 62% on high volume 3’s, how many teams are going to beat us?
One of my favorite plays was with about 9 minutes left in the game, Clingan assist on a Diarra three. Both the assist and the shot exhibit player development and trust.

Reaction Score
Beautiful to watch gifted players with hustle, unselfish attitude.
Clingan diving for loose ball emblematic.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t agree more. There is a lot of jealousy towards our program and we have a very weak League Commissioner. As for the refs - way too many personal agendas rather than professionalism.
Prob is the commish needs to placate 10 other members who may not appreciate what UConn does for the BE. will be nice to have some seasoned refs in the tournament. My guess is DC will get a lot more shooting fouls called and his improved FT shooting will pay dividends

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom