Chief’s Briefs - LIU Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - LIU Edition

Reaction Score
Interestingly I thought we were awful for the first 10 minutes. Couldn't stop Kante, too many fouls, shots not falling. Then the defense took over and it turned into a blowout. Not a lot of pretty basketball, not many assists because so much came on the break.

I hope that is our identity. That the team realizes when the shots aren't falling, they can turn up the defensive intensity and turn on the shock and awe transition game. I really want to see us play some better teams. Loved Hawkins debut.

Sanogo got a bit of a lesson with a guy he can't bully in the paint. But he learned and it was beautiful to see him take Kante outside late and blow by him off the dribble for a score. That was a signature play for me.

Gaffney continues to be critical. Plays with speed now and it's starting to come naturally to him to do so.
I do on your observation about the first 10 minutes. Chief likes the signs That we are making good in game adjustments. That was a good move by Sanogo. Just goes to show how guys can learn in college and grow.
Maybe Calhoun wasn’t crazy after all mixing an elite home OOC game in with the cupcakes. I hope it’s the standard going forward. Playing at least 1 elite home game a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom