Chief’s Briefs - ECU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - ECU

Reaction Score
My brief briefs:

Our 4 bigs who played a combined 38 minutes combined for 2 points and 3 rebounds! JUST SAYING!!!Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Reaction Score
Love the effort, we won on the road! Makes a good ending to the weekend.
Best I’ve seen this year. Assisting on baskets and shooting 3s well, who knew we could be those guys? And ECU was hitting everything to start... could have been depressing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My brief briefs:

Our 4 bigs who played a combined 38 minutes combined for 2 points and 3 rebounds! JUST SAYING!!!Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang
AGREED
The bigs situation is absolutely killing this team

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Polley and Carlton look more formidable every game yet I keep seeing more Anderson and Onuorah on my screen. KO refuses to let the freshmen get consistent minutes on the court and it is maddening. The former two may or may not be here next year but I sure as hell know the latter will not be. Let the kids get reps.

Onuorah had 0 points, 1 rebound, and 3 fouls in 18 minutes.

Whaley, Cobb, KW, and Diarra played a combined 6 minutes. Unbelievable.

I said this during the game thread, but when UCONN went on a 6-0 run or something like that with Carlton in the middle, KO immediately called a time out to get DO into the game. I couldn't fathom the thought process that went into that move.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Our only three capable rebounders - those that can grab and hold on to the ball - are guards
I felt the same way last year
Always felt Diarra would be a good rebounder and still hold out hope for him
It seems Vital and Adams make it a point o tangle with the big boys for rebounds. Seems like I am Always seeing them grab a couple.

Reaction Score
And our 4 leading rebounders were guards this game (I consider Larrier a guard because of his disdain for physical contact)
I know I liked it when we had Larrier and Polley in their together. It creates matchup problems for the other team which none of our bigs do. Unfortunately the only big who is decent right now is Carlton and for whatever reason KO has a hard on for the horrible DO who has plenty of muscle but has no idea how to use it.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
And our 4 leading rebounders were guards this game (I consider Larrier a guard because of his disdain for physical contact)
I included Larrier with the six bigs I mentioned because he is 6'8". He actually had half of our bigs rebounds with 4

C

Chief00

I know I liked it when we had Larrier and Polley in their together. It creates matchup problems for the other team which none of our bigs do. Unfortunately the only bid who is decent right now is Carlton and for whatever reason KO has a hard on for the horrible DO who has plenty of muscle but has no idea how to use it.

Since his Dad was an NFL linebacker, I am hoping Polley develops some muscle. Nevertheless, starting to like his confidence and results on the 3 ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think Larrier has been coached not to dribble so much. Upon catching passes in the lane he is just shooting. Also getting better at making himself available for 3s. Actually had a drive with contact, one of the first this year. Nice baseline drive also.

Polley has advanced his game finally where he is visibly more confident, making his shots, and beginning to drive through contact to the rim. Perimeter defense and rebounding looked better. This really helps the team having another scorer out there. Opens things up, suddenly the passing looks better.

Jalen had a great game, making his shots, having the offense flow through him.

Vital with better shot selection and fewer turnovers looked good. Aggressive.

Anderson played well.

All of this within the perspective that East Carolina is not great.

On to Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
This was how a game can look if you make shots. This actually looked like a basketball game. Let's make some shots in the next 4 games and see if can't get to a winning record.

Reaction Score
I think Larrier has been coached not to dribble so much. Upon catching passes in the lane he is just shooting. Also getting better at making himself available for 3s. Actually had a drive with contact, one of the first this year. Nice baseline drive also.

Polley has advanced his game finally where he is visibly more confident, making his shots, and beginning to drive through contact to the rim. Perimeter defense and rebounding looked better. This really helps the team having another scorer out there. Opens things up, suddenly the passing looks better.

Jalen had a great game, making his shots, having the offense flow through him.

Vital with better shot selection and fewer turnovers looked good. Aggressive.

Anderson played well.

All of this within the perspective that East Carolina is not great.

On to Cincinnati.
Cincy coming of a loss at home. Can’t wait :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom