Chief’s Briefs - ECU Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - ECU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice way to end the regular season.
Good to see multiple players put a solid game together during the same game....Adams Vital,Polley,Carlton...
I also liked the announcing team of Corey and Adams. I thought Adams was spot on when asked about what steps Hurley had to take to get UConn back to their winning ways. He basically said everything that most of us have said ..change culture, bring in new players and start being relevant by year 3.

I also thought ECU’s cheerleaders had talent.
They were hot.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I feel kinda like...if Jalen gave that today...we could have used him Thursday in some capacity.

If he gave that thursday, he probably wouldnt have been able today.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Another awful start. 9-2. After that not much to complain about. Nice to see 80 points again.

Polley and Vital played smart, efficient and in control. Very encouraging.

Jalen and Josh, J&J, superior efforts and results.

That’s because it was 9-2 when I turned it on. My bad. Won’t happen when the games matter.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ve been waiting for that offensive set with Carlton able to conssitently clear out like that all year.

Adams...idk what else can be said. Incredible effort. I jokingly says sit down now so that is how you go out. I think seeing guys like Polley and Carlton develop over the last month allowed him to facilitate more. This was a great development that he couldn’t do most of his career.

Polley hitting outside shots completely changes the offense. It opens up everything for Carlton and the guards.

If AG stays healthy next year, this team will be on the bubble next year.

C

Chief00

@Chief00 must have been very casual in the game chat today, as I, to the delight of numerous BY likers gave Coach Hunter a well deserved S/O. Other than that moment of casualness, good brief as always.
Thanks - I always stay out of the chats so the Briefs are as pure as the driven snow. But, good to know other posters are giving Coach Hunter props. Well deserved.

C

Chief00

Chief’s Briefs - Special Bonus Update:

I also want to give Sid a special shout out for focusing on what he does well - dunking the ball. Jalen always did a good job finding him and others in position they can score in. As Chief has been saying, that’s half the battle. A lesson for AG, today Jalen delivered the ball to guys either for layups or in a triple threat position. Tyler did not have to bend down go left or right to catch the ball. The catch smoothly transitioned into Tyler's shot. I know Coach Moore has been working really hard on this with the players and you never know how long it takes before the switch goes on. I saw some good signs in that regard today.

On a personal note, it was so nice to see so many of AG, Josh and Tyler’s families and friends behind tbe UConn bench. Because of the distance it’s difficult for many families to see their guy play. The Carlton’s have been an inspiration in that regard as having both the ability and making the effort to see Josh play all season. Josh’s coming out party must be extra satisfying given they were there to support Josh when he literally could not make a layup. They never wavered and Chief admired that even when he had doubts himself.
For some families from far away it’s sometimes a financial hardship and difficult to get timeoff etc. I hope next year things will work out so they can attend some more games as they want to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All I know is I have been mentioning it in my Brief’s for the last few games and there has been little or none subsequent discussion. After years of seeing no improvement with our Bigs under Coach Miller, Coach Hunter’s impact is good to see.

Probably because there are two separate thread discussing Josh's progress this season?

Reaction Score
Man, take the win, the team has shown a lot this year with what was there. It will continue to get better, we win like we are used to and we will be out of this conference and hopefully knocking the stuffing out of the Duke Blue Devils and Tar Heels soon enough.

Reaction Score
Announcer of the game is a good canidate for Rush Limbaugh’s replacement. Thought is was an opinionated talk show i was watchin

C

Chief00

One more update:
I am not sure why but I seem to take CV for granted. He had 16 points today including 5-9 from the field and 5-5 from the line. He also rebounded and got some assists.
The remarkable thing for Jalen today is he had 12 assists and only 1 turnover.
Josh had a very good game but still 6 turnovers is too many. His shooting percentage was really good though 8 for 9 from the field.

Reaction Score
Sometimes there's just too much information shared on the Boneyard.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks Jalen Adams doesn't care about UConn basketball, after taking in this game, is either blind or insane.

It's a shame he wasn't surrounded with more talent.

Maybe he never would've been a Kemba or a Bazz, but he could've been a Boat.

It's hard to think of a player with a more disappointing career, and I don't mean that as a slight against him.

Reaction Score
It's a shame he wasn't surrounded with more talent.

Maybe he never would've been a Kemba or a Bazz, but he could've been a Boat.

This is what bums me out the most. The way the past 3 years have gone is shocking when imagining where the program was at when he, and later AG committed. I can't describe how badly I want AG to lead us on a memorable run. Next year should be fun but AGs senior year could be special. Let's hope he doesnt take his degree and go to Europe after next year but I couldn't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom