Chief’s Briefs - ECU Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - ECU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Last regular season game of the year and we get our first road win. That tells me this team didn’t quit, although admittedly it was against ECU.
Lots to like:
- Good to see Polley shoot the three with confidence and knocking down shots.
- Again, Chief seems to be the only one saying it, give Coach Hunter credit for Josh’s progress. Who would have believed by the last game the offense would run through Josh. @Fishy, I will say it this game without reservations. Josh played a great game, points, rebounds, defense and assists.
- We all have criticized Jalen at times this season but he demonstrated guts, leadership and unselfish play today. Thank you Jalen.
- In a good natured way, Chief has been on Coach Hurley on inbounds plays but today he showed us some new wrinkles. There were some dropped balls etc but progress.

Unfortunately, I am at a house party so my Briefs will be just that. High level this team has been coached up and grinded through adversity. All good signs for next season. I will post additional thoughts tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Another awful start. 9-2. After that not much to complain about. Nice to see 80 points again.

Polley and Vital played smart, efficient and in control. Very encouraging.

Jalen and Josh, J&J, superior efforts and results.

Reaction Score
Had a chief moment as AD DB was standing right next to me at the exit stretching and booking a flight? Sorry just looked at the wrong moment not stalking. Anyway my homie said this is the most dunks in a game this year. I said in maybe 3. DB chimes in with “we’re getting there’s “ and I politely said he’s “doing a good job Manning this ship, but better than last year, I could feel the weight on you. His reply? “ you have no idea....thanks for coming out again!”

C

Chief00

I can't believe you are the only one giving the bigs' coach credit for our big man's development. Remarkable.
All I know is I have been mentioning it in my Brief’s for the last few games and there has been little or none subsequent discussion. After years of seeing no improvement with our Bigs under Coach Miller, Coach Hunter’s impact is good to see.

Reaction Score
Great game by josh and Jalen as well- very good games by vital and polley. Imagine if AG was playing instead of Tarin so much? We wudda won by 20! Polley “cud” be turning corner , josh becoming extremely solid, Vital doing his thing, and then Jalen playing like he did today as we play for our lives next week. Not hating our chances. ? At least there giving me hope to think we have a chance to make a run. Let’s go AG. Heal quick. And let’s go SMU!!!

Reaction Score
Nice way to end the regular season.
Good to see multiple players put a solid game together during the same game....Adams Vital,Polley,Carlton...
I also liked the announcing team of Corey and Adams. I thought Adams was spot on when asked about what steps Hurley had to take to get UConn back to their winning ways. He basically said everything that most of us have said ..change culture, bring in new players and start being relevant by year 3.

I also thought ECU’s cheerleaders had talent.

Reaction Score
This game was all Adams the facilitator we needed the last 8 games offense so stagnant when he is not out there. Adams proving all doubters wrong that said he isn’t a leader and reason for program demise. What this kid did today and hopefully will do at aac tourney will be remembered by this program for a long time. Thank You Jalen

Reaction Score
Good road win.. Jalen played free with no pressure and it was beautiful. Josh just wow man. Getting better every game. Could have had 26-30 if he made fts and would stop the travels. Polley great shooting but 1 rebound. He will need to fix that during the off season. Sid solid great jumping. lol. But need sto knock down 3s which would open him jo for slashing.

Reaction Score
@Chief00 must have been very casual in the game chat today, as I, to the delight of numerous BY likers gave Coach Hunter a well deserved S/O. Other than that moment of casualness, good brief as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom