Chief’s Briefs - DePaul Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - DePaul Edition

Reaction Score
It is foolish to draw too many conclusions from such a one sided contest, but I was impressed with our defense, the shooting of our starters and various guys coming off the bench.
We shot 56% FG and 46% from 3. We had 8 steals and 7 blocked shots. We out rebounded them by 16 and had 7 more assists.

The starters did what we have come to expect with Alex really warming up the last few games after a slump and injury. Alex had 22 points.

Castle had his usual balance game with 15 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists. Stewart had 14 points and 5 rebounds /5 assists. Unbelievable balance and guys who play every facet of the game. Really a special team.

Diarra, Stewart and Ball were outstanding tonight. Diarra played defense underneath his man, which you love to see from the point guard position. He had 4 steals, played lockdown defense, got 4 assists and 8 points. Above all else he uptempo the game.

Stewart shows flashes of the player he can become. Stewart was 4 for 5 FG and 3 for 4 from the 3 line, which combined totaled 11.
Ball is a dog on defense as Danny would say and he has the ability to shoot and drive. He finished with 9 points.

Big game Saturday agaibstv#4 Marquette.

Reaction Score
It is foolish to draw too many conclusions from such a one sided contest, but I was impressed with our defense, the shooting of our starters and various guys coming off the bench.
We shot 56% FG and 46% from 3. We had 8 steals and 7 blocked shots. We out rebounded them by 16 and had 7 more assists.

The starters did what we have come to expect with Alex really warming up the last few games after a slump and injury. Alex had 22 points.

Castle had his usual balance game with 15 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists. Stewart had 14 points and 5 rebounds /5 assists. Unbelievable balance and guys who play every facet of the game. Really a special team.

Diarra, Stewart and Ball were outstanding tonight. Diarra played defense underneath his man, which you love to see from the point guard position. He had 4 steals, played lockdown defense, got 4 assists and 8 points. Above all else he uptempo the game.

Stewart shows flashes of the player he can become. Stewart was 4 for 5 FG and 3 for 4 from the 3 line, which combined totaled 11.
Ball is a dog on defense as Danny would say and he has the ability to shoot and drive. He finished with 9 points.

Big game Saturday agaibstv#4 Marquette.

Points for posting this from the jail underneath the court at Wintrust Arena!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I understand we cannot draw any conclusions from beating DePaul, but if you could they would be all good. I mentioned a few weeks ago JStew is going to hit a big shot for us. His shot needs some work (rotation not optimal) but his stroke looks good from three. Was Ross on the bench? He never got in the game. So I guess we can talk about that. Any information on why he would not be put in the game at the end. I went back and looked and he did not appear to be on the bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I understand we cannot draw any conclusions from beating DePaul, but if you could they would be all good. I mentioned a few weeks ago JStew is going to hit a big shot for us. His shot needs some work (rotation not optimal) but his stroke looks good from three. Was Ross on the bench? He never got in the game. So I guess we can talk about that. Any information on why he would not be put in the game at the end.

They steamrolled a team that should be steamrolled. Ross was a DNP (coach's decision cuz he was sick).

Reaction Score
We seemed to turn it on and off at various points during the game, and based on the announcers comments, the shootaround might have presented more challenges than the game itself.

Clingan has really impressed me on a number of levels lately. His footwork has been near Sanogo-like in its quickness, variety and finishes; FT form and results keep getting better -- confidence is growing too; he's mostly avoided bad fouls and his rebounding has become dominating. I also applaud anyone who can lose about 20 pounds, especially in such a short amount of time.

Diarra might be one of the quickest players we've ever had. And his hands are as quick as his feet. Love the spark he brings off the bench.

Karaban is getting red hot.

Stewart and Ball are beginning to look like they will be ready to start for us next year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Steph Castle is a very special player and it is becoming more apparent during each game as UConn goes down this road in 2024.
I laugh at all those who jumped all over the kid when he first came back from his early season injury. He is starting to look like the SC who dominated AAU circuits the past 2 years.
Enjoy him while you still can because this time next year, after some NBA coaching and conditioning, he will impress at a higher level. He has the demeanor that every coach wants from their ultra talented players.

Reaction Score
Steph Castle is a very special player and it is becoming more apparent during each game as UConn goes down this road in 2024.
I laugh at all those who jumped all over the kid when he first came back from his early season injury. He is starting to look like the SC who dominated AAU circuits the past 2 years.
Enjoy him while you still can because this time next year, after some NBA coaching and conditioning, he will impress at a higher level. He has the demeanor that every coach wants from their ultra talented players.
I agree Stephon a good hard working kid, who takes pride in performing at a high level in all facets of the game. He is also athletic and can still convert shots after absorbing contact on his drives. As good as Stephon is one can see him improve right before our eyes. He puts the work in.

Reaction Score
We seemed to turn it on and off at various points during the game, and based on the announcers comments, the shootaround might have presented more challenges than the game itself.

Clingan has really impressed me on a number of levels lately. His footwork has been near Sanogo-like in its quickness, variety and finishes; FT form and results keep getting better -- confidence is growing too; he's mostly avoided bad fouls and his rebounding has become dominating. I also applaud anyone who can lose about 20 pounds, especially in such a short amount of time.

Diarra might be one of the quickest players we've ever had. And his hands are as quick as his feet. Love the spark he brings off the bench.

Karaban is getting red hot.

Stewart and Ball are beginning to look like they will be ready to start for us next year.
Agree with all of the above. A special team with special people, let’s be sure to take time to enjoy it.

Reaction Score
Most enjoyable team to watch . Have been a fan since George Erlick days.Loved Joe D.
Mike Crispino has been dynamite this year.
Turn off the sound on TV and sync radio to telecast. Best of all worlds.
Looking forward to being at XL Sat vs Marquette.
Chief Briefs are must read.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think the key to the game will be not letting Kolek control the ball and pick us apart. He has a way of dominating the game if he is not disrupted. Go get 'em!

Reaction Score
Most enjoyable team to watch . Have been a fan since George Erlick days.Loved Joe D.
Thank you for the respect @coachn !
Chief will be in the XL house too!
I agree, a real enjoyable team to watch.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the respect @coachn !
Chief will be in the XL house too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22