Chief’s Briefs - Cuse Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Cuse Edition

Reaction Score
Jalen had an off game, we got nothing from Carlton, and we were battling the refs. Led wire to wire for the win!

Maybe an off game but such on improvement in approach and body language. Bodes very well for the season and his development.

Loved the chest bumps with Hurley as the game finished.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
People will say Howard didn't play; people will say we shot 3's well beyond the norm. What they will miss is that our bigs out toughed their bigs. No one here or elsewhere would have predicted that.

And this despite how many bunnies we missed inside. We didn’t score or pass well in the post — and we still had control of this game for most of the night. The future is bright!

Reaction Score
I was stuck in the snowstorm traffic jam on 17. So chapped. I brought my floor tickets a while back and planned this work trip around this date. I’m still at least 2/3 hours out as there are hundreds of us stuck on the hill outside bloomingburg.

Sorry to hear...

Reaction Score
First, Chief wanted to thank all the great fans, who made the trip. You helped make the difference. A dozen threes to cheer for - wow!

We are back! Quite frankly, that was fun. It doesn’t get better than beating Cuse at MSG. Chief liked the way we kept the foot on the gas toward the end. Need to work on foul shooting at crunch time!

Hughes is a tough player as is Battle and Carey, so this counts for something.

Chief was impressed by the boxing out and going after loose balls. The shot selection was good too, over-all the ball did not get sticky. Loved the 1 on 1 Defense. Turnovers on the other hand killed us, especially with 5 guards we should be better at that metric.

Cobb had a nice combination of muscle and touch. 13 rebounds and double figure in points. Josh got his shots blocked and had foul trouble, but made a couple nice plays. Yakwe at 6’5” had problems getting shots off inside but played decent D. Yakwe is a real liability on offense. He just needs to focus on the offensive boards.

Gilbert killed it with 3’s. If he can continue to do that, with his quickness, he will be tough to defend. He does need to stay under control on his drives and not to get too deep if it’s not there. He had some nice assists.

Jalen played like we needed him to play. Smith is so good off the bench because you can plug him into the role or roles you need at the moment. PG, best scorer defender, shooter or whatever. Vital kept answering the bell - like any good boxer does.
Perfect read! My only comment would be Cobb has to learn to kick the ball back out off those rebounds he collects.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
The guy I’ll give credit to is Vitale. A lotta chatter about the 6 TO and a bunch of misses from last game and he let the game come to him today.
14xx4d.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The guy I’ll give credit to is Vitale. A lotta chatter about the 6 TO and a bunch of misses from last game and he let the game come to him today.
Except for that stretch around the 7:00 mark where he coughed up the ball 3 times in 4 trips and ended up sitting until they went 4 guards in the last minute.

Reaction Score
I was at the game so I’m not sure if I missed something but was curious what happened to Carlton in this game? Why did he basically sit on the bench all night after 2 good games? Did I miss an injury or what?

I’m happy with what I saw from Cobb but couldn’t help thinking that Carlton could’ve been better than Yakwe at times.

Reaction Score
I’m happy with what I saw from Cobb but couldn’t help thinking that Carlton could’ve been better than Yakwe at times.

Yawke had just an awful game. 4 fouls, a ton of turnovers, couldn’t get a shot up never mind score. Not sure why Hurley stayed with him over Carton in 2nd half.

In Yawke’s defense, he is way too undersized to play center against a ranked team. He was getting eaten up in there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom