Chief’s Briefs - Buffalo Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Buffalo Edition

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AS still has very little aptitude to know when to pass out of trouble in the trenches and hasn't shown that he can hit mid range jumpers - I do love the fact that he can step out beyond the area and hit some 3's.
DC will more than suffice when giving AS a breather
Joey C can hit the long ball but I still wonder if he can stay on the floor vs P5 and NBE competition
Newton can score and while he had double figures in assists he had many opportunities to hit open teammates - if he is going to be the PG he needs to see the court better. I applaud him on his triple double.
Diarra needs to be consistent
Karaban is going to be a real good player
Outside shooting HAS to improve or teams will double AS all game.
3-0 is great. UConn needs a healthy Hawk and Ajax once that plane touches ground in Oregon.

Reaction Score
Not if they're not absent anymore.
It’s really more than just being present, it is how long will it take to be 100% again. Additional replacing 2/5ths or 40% of the starting line-up may create the need for chemistry adjustments. In short, it is great they are coming back but in the short term there will likely be some transition bumps in the road.

Reaction Score
It’s really more than just being present, it is how long will it take to be 100% again. Additional replacing 2/5ths or 40% of the starting line-up may create the need for chemistry adjustments. In short, it is great they are coming back but in the short term there will likely be some transition bumps in the road.
I believe this is true.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The sample size is still too small as of yet on whether Newton can be a true point guard. A triple double obviously helps anyone's metrics, but Newton's A/TO is 1.67 after that game. It was 0.67 at 6:59pm on Tuesday. For reference, Cole's A/TO was 2.15 last year. I was encouraged by his dribble/drive, ability to get to the line, and most importantly, hitting the freebies.

If one is looking to correct weaknesses, 3 point shooting hasn't been consistently halfway decent for years. I was hoping that with two true low post players (who do not have bricks for hands), they would get more open looks (and hit them), but it hasn't happened as yet. I don't think FT shooting will be a significant issue. So far, the BU contest seemed to be the outlier, but as I said earlier: Small sample size.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
donno should be given the green light to jack the 3, every single time it's there, open, and unforced. period.
if so, then will have a true 'sample size.'
seriously, compare his stroke to alleyne or ajax or ....

Reaction Score
Let's see if Hawkins and Jackson can actually stay on the floor and avoid injuries going forward. I would also like to see if Hawkins is as good as advertised. So far, he has done nothing to prove it.

Reaction Score
True about chemistry adjustments, BUT, if AJ and JH are as good as we expect this year those adjustments will be much easier.

Looking at the positives created by the injuries, AK, DC, NA, HD and JC are getting a lot more time on the floor than they might otherwise have received and that should be beneficial for them and the team as they enter the December games.......if, that is, they settle down and get more comfortable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom