Chicago Sky @ Dallas Wings - 7/31/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chicago Sky @ Dallas Wings - 7/31/18

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sloot's 50 assists over a 4 game period eclipses Penicheiro's previous record of 46 over the same span. Sloot could break into the career top 10 for assists in the next 2 games at her current pace. Her current average of 8.5/game would easily set a new record and she's got a good shot at surpassing Penicheiro's single season high of 236.

Why aren't more people talking about her?
Probably because Chicago has such a poor record. She is having an excellent season. I looked up Ticha's stats. Her high seasons in apg were 8.0, 7.9, 7.5, and 7.5. Her assist highs were 236 (30 games), 229, 226 and 224. Sloot averaged 8.1 last season and is at 8.5 this season. Her career average is 5.7. She had 218 last year and has 195 so far this season. Her career total is 1,322. Her career A:TO ratio is 2.20.

Sue's career high for a full season was 6.6 apg last year, and she has 7.4 this year (after tonight). Her career average is 5.6, and her career total is 2,791. Her career A:TO ratio is 2.23.

If Sloot stays healthy, I can see her finishing in the top 3. If Sue stays healthy, I think she pushes the record to 3,200, which may be unapproachable.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I looked at some career and season stats as well Milford, interesting stuff. Penicheiro led the league in total assists 7 seasons, Whalen 5 and Bird surprisingly only twice. Agreed Sue may put the career record completely out of reach by the time she's done. Whalen is approaching Penicheiro now but I'm not sure if she's gonna get there. Will she play after this season?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I looked at some career and season stats as well Milford, interesting stuff. Penicheiro led the league in total assists 7 seasons, Whalen 5 and Bird surprisingly only twice. Agreed Sue may put the career record completely out of reach by the time she's done. Whalen is approaching Penicheiro now but I'm not sure if she's gonna get there. Will she play after this season?
I think Lindsay is limping through this season. My guess is that she retires in September. She has a full-time job to move to and is playing below her standards this season.

Bird often doesn't lead the league, as you note, but she's almost always top 3 or so. It helped when she had Lauren Jackson, and it helps having Jewell and Stewie now. In between, there was a dearth of finishers on the team, so assists were hard to come by. Sue is really fit, and I think she is excited about her new teammates, new coach, and team success. Those things will keep her playing. Sue's legacy will be a combination of excellence and durability. She has played 503 regular season games and counting, the all-time record. She needs 26 minutes to break the career record in that stat.

I recall posters saying that Diana and Sue are over the hill and wouldn't make Team USA in 2018. Dee is 3rd in the league in scoring (20.9 ppg, her best in 7 years) and 1st in FT shooting (93.3%, a career high, her 3rd year in a row and 6th overall at 90% or better).

Sue's career highs in apg were last year (6.6) and this year (7.4). She's 2nd in apg this year and 6th in 3-point shooting.

The all-time back court is better than ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom