Chew on this for awhile, G G contract with Texas. | The Boneyard

Chew on this for awhile, G G contract with Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im lost... what are you trying to say?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'm no fan of GG, never have been. But the contract and it's absurdity, falls squarely on the Texas AD. I tip my hat to GG's agent for getting her the best deal the market would yield.

She failed miserably at Texas and it was a very public failure. I'm sure it's a very personal failure, because sports are an emotionally charged environment where folks put their pride/reputation on the line every game, every season. What's the right price to put on someone's reputation?

I have nothing but admiration for folks who are out there doing stuff, making stuff happen, taking chances. Dogs never bark or chase parked cars, just the one's that are moving.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Im lost... what are you trying to say?

Think he's saying there's a lot of duties and responsibilities in there, and performance incentives, etc., just reads like "a lot". But I'm pretty sure most of them are similar at that level...

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
No different from what a lot of big execs have been getting in many walks of life. Big sports is a business, in some ways.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
just a lot of words but typical stuff... new coach name will be typed in over the white-out and the pay amounts decreased a lil bit.

and the date changed

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Where do you read that? I see it only if she gets fired. She quit.
Yeah, definitely says that the $1 million will not be paid if GG resigns. As the early reports flat out stated, she left a lot of money behind to get back a little peace of mind and take a breather. Of course, another year like this year would probably have damaged her future prospects even more. As reported, this is the first senior class for Horns to go 0-4 in NCAA tourney play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom