Cheryl Reeve (MN Lynx), on Napheesa Collier | The Boneyard

Cheryl Reeve (MN Lynx), on Napheesa Collier

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Minnesota Lynx Head Coach/General Manager Cheryl Reeve was among one of four WNBA head coaches that spoke during a pre-draft media conference call on Tuesday afternoon. Reeve gave her thoughts on several players likely to be drafted next week.

This is what Reeve said about Napheesa Collier (UConn):

“Napheesa Collier is a tremendous basketball player. My experience with USA Basketball gave me the opportunity to see the things that she can do and how versatile she is, and she’s not limited in terms of the position that she can play. She’s anywhere from — I think at Connecticut, at times she played the 5, but a 4. She’s a little undersized there, but I think she’s shown the ability from a length standpoint and her ability to rebound the ball and deflect. This is a quality basketball player that will have her work cut out for her as a small forward in this league, but I saw her do that for the national team. This is a player that’s going to do well for a long, long time and have a great career in the WNBA.

(boldface type added by me -- CamrnCrz1974 -- for emphasis)

In her own words: Cheryl Reeve discusses 2019 WNBA Draft prospects

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If she's drafted by a crappy team, she can start right away. If a good team, I think still double-digit minutes, and she'll be a significant contributor.

Reaction Score
Minnesota lost a player from UConn by way of Georgia. Napheesa can't replace Maya, but she sure will help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom