Chelsea Dungee | The Boneyard

Chelsea Dungee

Reaction Score
Watching Dungee and she is much heavier and not as quick. Hope she keeps things in check because she was sensational and fun to watch last year. If she loses her quickness she loses her game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am not really familiar with her. But sometimes at a certain age the metabolism changes. It happened to KML. It that is the case it becomes very difficult to keep the weight down.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I am not really familiar with her. But sometimes at a certain age the metabolism changes. It happened to KML. It that is the case it becomes very difficult to keep the weight down.
Can I borrow that quote?

Reaction Score
She was the best thing going from an individual player standpoint during the stretch run of the regular season and on into the SEC tournament. Arkansas knocked off Georgia, S. Carolina and A&M with Dungee dropping 31 points each game vs Georgia and S.C., 17 on A&M and 24 verse Miss State. She was electrifying. Miss St finally knocked Arkansas off in the SEC championship.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not sure it's cool to be starting threads about a player's weight.

She's seriously not that much heavier, just not quite as lean as she was last year. The much more drastic change she made, which commentators consistently remarked on last year, about how much she'd trimmed down from her freshman year at OK in order to fit in with Neighbors' uptempo style. Maybe her offseason emphasis was on gaining strength, but she's still leaner than she was as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Not sure it's cool to be starting threads about a player's weight.

She's seriously not that much heavier, just not quite as lean as she was last year. The much more drastic change she made, which commentators consistently remarked on last year, about how much she'd trimmed down from her freshman year at OK in order to fit in with Neighbors' uptempo style. Maybe her offseason emphasis was on gaining strength, but she's still leaner than she was as a freshman.
Theoretically that sounds great on paper but her game is offensive quickness beating her opponent to the basket and she isn’t. Players are staying with her and getting better position on her drives. She blew past people last year even when everyone knew what she was going to do. Since she’s a forward on defense playing low in their zone, so extra bulk will help but I’ll take the shape she was in last year. She was an offensive assassin.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You may be right about the metabolism. Dungee does look thicker. I hope it’s not metabolism and she can trim down and maximize her quickness with the ball. Lville’s Elizabeth Dixon looks like she has “metabolized”. She seemed like a very lean 6’5 last year at Tech. She has filled out but not fat by any means. The grad transfer pg Marta Sniezek at ND is an example of what you’re talking about. Very solid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is interesting because my early draft analysis of Dungee this year was that I was worried she was too skinny for the WNBA. The WNBA is the ultimate goal for her. Hopefully it’s muscle weight that she’s added. Looking at her performance against McNeese St, I’d say she’s far from being too heavy. Seems just about right.

Reaction Score
Theoretically that sounds great on paper but her game is offensive quickness beating her opponent to the basket and she isn’t. Players are staying with her and getting better position on her drives. She blew past people last year even when everyone knew what she was going to do. Since she’s a forward on defense playing low in their zone, so extra bulk will help but I’ll take the shape she was in last year. She was an offensive assassin.

Are you basing this comment on watching the ORU game? Because ORU's entire game plan was to sag in the middle and deny Dungee any drives that were not met by 2-3 defenders. They treated the Hogs like a one-woman team. All that did was leave open Ramirez, Tolefree, and Daniels to drop in 17 threes on 53% shooting from deep. She is more solid (not fat) this year, but Dungee will be just fine.

Reaction Score
I attempted to tear our phone book in half for a few minutes but finally gave up. Fortunately, I was able to take my frustration out on a large bag of Lay's potato chips.

Reaction Score
I think you can watch all their games free through their website although they may be replays. I watched the McNeese State game. I thought she looked the same but hadn't started to ramp up her game yet and they didn't need her to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom