Cheering on MoJeff and Katie Lou make progress | The Boneyard

Cheering on MoJeff and Katie Lou make progress

Reaction Score
It has really been tough on MoJeff through her injury-riddled career. Her coach believes that if she hadn't been injured, she could be the starting PG for the Olympics this year (she didn't apologize to Sue). V. Johnson also expects to see the real MoJeff by the time everyone returns from the Olympics. I must admit I was a little sad to see such little progress earlier this year but her last game showed real glimpses of MoJeff as we know her. May Ms. Johnson be proved right - she has put her actions where her mouth is: by keeping MoJeff in the starting lineup.

Rough start to her WNBA career, including the injuries but Katie Lou showed in her Euro play in Spain that she is coming around. She was getting to find her fit in the 2nd game of the season but interruption from 3x3 Olympics qualifying disrupted it. Sometimes, I feel her shooting motion is not as pure as it was at UConn but it's hard to tell from those videos (long-distance shots of her shooting motion).

It was a double dose of great joy then, to see each of them play better in their last game. MoJeff finally connecting from distance and Katie Lou as well......both passing better....in sync more with their teammates. Hope these trends continue.....MoJeff's footwork seems not yet to where she was but her quickness is back. Both are long due to shine (though MoJeff did in her rookie year)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And then there is Bria recovering from injury.....I hope she gets in shape enough to play for the Olympics for the French team but she only has 5 or so weeks to be tip top shape to be useful for France. Gabby has taken no chances....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have been wondering how Jefferson is doing! Loved her at UCONN! Hope she is past her injuries and is able to shine!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
MoJeff has been one of the saddest stories of any player to come out of UCONN that I can remember. She was absolutely incredible in college. I really thought she was good enough to follow in Bird's footsteps and become the next leader of the US National Team.

But a series of constant injuries pretty much derailed her career. Rooting for her SO HARD to get back to the player she was, and continue to improve to be the player we all knew she can/could be. Go Mo!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not sure if it is health or playing with 2 of the biggest freelancers ever in Mabrey and Arike., That has got to mess with your rhythm when you give the ball up and they play 5 on 2 so much,

Reaction Score
Not sure if it is health or playing with 2 of the biggest freelancers ever in Mabrey and Arike., That has got to mess with your rhythm when you give the ball up and they play 5 on 2 so much,
Arike may help you win a game, like the one in Seattle the other day. But in the playoffs when it's best of 5, she will lose more then she wins if she ever gets that far.

Reaction Score
Good point but the fact that she has been out so long, she couldn't possibly have been in game shape that quickly. About those two and the team in general, the game I saw against the Storm, there is very little movement - most of the time the perimeter players are stationary and then do their thing when they get the ball. Then, somebody might remember to cut, run to position for a rebound, etc., etc. On occasion, you can see the potential. I guess they are very young and not yet used to playing with each other. Collectively, there is quite a bit of talent on the team.....

I must admit though that Mabrey has lost weight and is quicker than she was at ND. As good a scorer as Ogunbowale is, there is something about her that prevents me from liking her as a player. When these two are on the floor with MoJeff in that game, they make it hard for her to orchestrate the offense because, as you said, they often freelance.

Sabally and Alarie (a Princeton graduate!) show promise. Not certain about Collier but she is just a few games into her rookie year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good point but the fact that she has been out so long, she couldn't possibly have been in game shape that quickly. About those two and the team in general, the game I saw against the Storm, there is very little movement - most of the time the perimeter players are stationary and then do their thing when they get the ball. Then, somebody might remember to cut, run to position for a rebound, etc., etc. On occasion, you can see the potential. I guess they are very young and not yet used to playing with each other. Collectively, there is quite a bit of talent on the team.....

I must admit though that Mabrey has lost weight and is quicker than she was at ND. As good a scorer as Ogunbowale is, there is something about her that prevents me from liking her as a player. When these two are on the floor with MoJeff in that game, they make it hard for her to orchestrate the offense because, as you said, they often freelance.

Sabally and Alarie (a Princeton graduate!) show promise. Not certain about Collier but she is just a few games into her rookie year.
Sabally will be an All-Star in a few years. Not seeing much from Alarie

Reaction Score
Sabally will be an All-Star in a few years. Not seeing much from Alarie
She showed more in the Euro tournament. In Dallas, she is buried deeper in the reserves this season.

Reaction Score
Arike may help you win a game, like the one in Seattle the other day. But in the playoffs when it's best of 5, she will lose more then she wins if she ever gets that far.
Arike is a great player. And the last player I would want on my team. She throws up a lot of shots, even when there is little chance of going in, and she charges into the fray, hoping not to score but to draw a foul. That’s a score, you say? True, but it doesn’t allow your offense to move the ball and finely hone the attack. One man or woman bands are fine as buskers but on the court not so much. I watched her play for her Turkish team in EuroLeague where she barely seemed to be going through the motions. Odd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom