Checking in on James Akinjo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Checking in on James Akinjo

Reaction Score
Who cares as he wasn't coming here once we fired KO. I rather concentrate on the players we have or can get. I mean there is a thread on this guy at least once a month. I think we have to leave it alone and move on. He is shooting 35% for the season so not intrigued with another smaller guard who isn't RB.
I'll keep saying it. A guy like Gaffney wasn't coming here if we had Akinjo in front of him. Akinjo is a nice 4 year player who will have a great career. Gaffney's ceiling is so much higher though, especially with his size and athleticism. He could turn out to be a successful pro in the league if all goes right.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I watched a lot of Akinjo this year - he is getting a lot better
His last game - he was awesome

Some of these replies are hilarious

Reaction Score
I hope he and Georgetown lose their opening game. Sorry, not sorry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie + James Akinjo >>> 14- 15 for 2018-19
I doubt it but it would be nice to have Akinjo here especially with Al out.

Reaction Score

His average ORTG in his last 8 games is 91.

He has games where he goes 5/8 from 3, has 5 assists, and gets to the line 5 times, and he's a hero. That's the last game you rightly called him awesome.

He also has games where he goes 1/6 from the field with 3 turnovers and 1 assist in 21 minutes. Not awesome.

His future is bright. He's going to reliably hit 40% from 3 and dish out a lot of assists. He's just got to work on his finishing in the paint and cut out some bad shots. And by work on it, I mean hit his first shot from the paint.

Reaction Score
On another note, Mac mcclung is nasty. The new white chocolate. Better than people thought. Him and akinjo in the backcourt are going to be something special in next couple years. And U kno both those guys are staying the full 4 years Still waiting for mcclung to catch a dunk on somebody’s head

Reaction Score
I'll keep saying it. A guy like Gaffney wasn't coming here if we had Akinjo in front of him. Akinjo is a nice 4 year player who will have a great career. Gaffney's ceiling is so much higher though, especially with his size and athleticism. He could turn out to be a successful pro in the league if all goes right.
I actually like McClung more, feel badly for Pikiell. Hard to believe almost everyone missed the boat on him.

Reaction Score

You continuing to pretend like Ollie and Akinjo would have been good for UConn and that half the team wasn't out the door if Ollie came back is way more hilarious.

Reaction Score

Just like some of your takes are hilarious.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I doubt it but it would be nice to have Akinjo here especially with Al out.

I mean, if we're dreaming I'll take Zion. But that's me.

Reaction Score
I struggle to understand why we should care? He isn’t THAT good where I lose sleep at night because he isn’t here. Who cares we have Gaffney+Hurley. Which I prefer

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
What’s sad is that he committed to Ollie, but not to UConn. You want players who value both the coach and the history of 4 titles in 15 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom