Checking in from Rangoon, Burma... | The Boneyard

Checking in from Rangoon, Burma...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone post the score?

Internet sucks here - for some reason I can access the BY but not ESPN.

Reaction Score
Luckily I was without Internet access from 10 minutes left in the game until now - so I was able to enjoy the past few days.

Reaction Score
How is burma?

Burma's fantastic! I really had a great time - the people are ridiculously nice. The landscape is breathtaking and the pagodas are amazing. Cheap as hell too - I spent about $50 over the last 3 days of travel including lodging, travel, food and admission tickets for the sights. That was because I was running out of cash and there's no practical way to get more while in the country.

Reaction Score
Burma's fantastic! I really had a great time - the people are ridiculously nice. The landscape is breathtaking and the pagodas are amazing. Cheap as hell too - I spent about $50 over the last 3 days of travel including lodging, travel, food and admission tickets for the sights. That was because I was running out of cash and there's no practical way to get more while in the country.
You could sell yourself on a street corner... oh wait, that's Thailand.

Reaction Score
Thought you meant checking in from Maryland.:p

Isn't doing business in Burma illegal? Or do I have it confused with Cuba and Iran.

Reaction Score
Thought you meant checking in from Maryland.:p

Isn't doing business in Burma illegal? Or do I have it confused with Cuba and Iran.

Not sure about doing business there but it's ok to go there and spend money - unlike Cuba.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not sure about doing business there but it's ok to go there and spend money - unlike Cuba.
well, i could find some great ways to spend money in cuba.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Luckily I was without Internet access from 10 minutes left in the game until now - so I was able to enjoy the past few days.

Ditto. Had this conversation when I got home.

"Was it as bad as I think?"
"No."
"Exactly, SHU isn't that bad-"
"No, it was worse"

Reaction Score
Burma is ridiculously cheap and quite beautiful. Did you fly Air Asia, Bangkok Air or take your life in your hands with Myannmar Airways?

Reaction Score
well, i could find some great ways to spend money in cuba.
With each passing year, more US citizens legally visit Cuba and spend money. You just need the correct documents and reasons for a visit, e.g., family, cultural, educational, etc. (some of which may be stretched by some visitors). On the other hand, many US Americans also enter Cuba illegally via Mexico, Canada, or other nations. Somehow, they avoid having their passports stamped.

Myanmar's on my target list for 2012. I've heard great things, and want to visit before it changes too much, becomes trendy, etc.

Reaction Score
Burma is ridiculously cheap and quite beautiful. Did you fly Air Asia, Bangkok Air or take your life in your hands with Myannmar Airways?

I flew Air Asia. So cheap to fly with them around the region. It's one of the best things about living in Saigon.

Reaction Score
With each passing year, more US citizens legally visit Cuba and spend money. You just need the correct documents and reasons for a visit, e.g., family, cultural, educational, etc. (some of which may be stretched by some visitors). On the other hand, many US Americans also enter Cuba illegally via Mexico, Canada, or other nations. Somehow, they avoid having their passports stamped.

Myanmar's on my target list for 2012. I've heard great things, and want to visit before it changes too much, becomes trendy, etc.

Yeah, I talked to a guy who said he's been going there for 30 years. He said he's noticed big changes over the past 6 months and expects bigger changes in the next 6 months. So hurry up!

Reaction Score
Ditto. Had this conversation when I got home.

"Was it as bad as I think?"
"No."
"Exactly, SHU isn't that bad-"
"No, it was worse"

Just woke up to the Rutgers score. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom