Check out this article from jason king "What i know about College BBall" | The Boneyard

Check out this article from jason king "What i know about College BBall"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Link

amazes me how these guys have jobs...and are holding on to them...

"Arizona's Sean Miller isn't one of the game's top five coaches -- but he may be among the top six. No one would rank Miller ahead of Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams, John Calipari, Bill Self or Tom Izzo. At least not yet. But after those five, I'm not sure there's a coach I'd rather have on the sideline."

Reaction Score
wasn't this guy just working for yahoo? did espn trade forde for him?

Reaction Score
But he did have this later on:

• Barring health issues, I don't see any reason for Jim Calhoun to retire from Connecticut. Judging by last year's championship and this season's recruiting class, Calhoun is getting better with age.

Reaction Score
Link

amazes me how these guys have jobs...and are holding on to them...

"Arizona's Sean Miller isn't one of the game's top five coaches -- but he may be among the top six. No one would rank Miller ahead of Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams, John Calipari, Bill Self or Tom Izzo. At least not yet. But after those five, I'm not sure there's a coach I'd rather have on the sideline."

OMFG!!! LOL! i cant even be mad at that statement because its so idiotic. first problem with said statement is wheres calhoun,beoheim and stevens? and wtf is calipari doing even being mentioned in the same breath as national title winning coaches? lol! true stevens hasnt won a national title but hes had done the most with the least. im not even clicking the link because i refuse to read anything that could potentially make me dumber.

Reaction Score
The funniest thing is that of the 5 he mentioned, he didn't just leave out JC, but also Brad Stevens who has taken BUTLER to 2 straight National Championship games. It is truly amazing how little respect JC gets in terms of national public opinion. I wouldn't trade him for any coach out there.

Reaction Score
I'm not one of those people who calls bias every time a guy doesn't gush all over UConn, but Jason King (like the rest of his yahoo buddies) hates Calhoun and UConn. Like, absolutely despises him, and he never tried to hide it either.

He's also a pretty bad writer, so I'm not sure why ESPN shelled out money for him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you go to the realignment board you will get the opinion by some people that ESPN is out to sabotage the BE and the remaining schools for turning down the contract ESPN offered this year.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
John Calipari, Bill Self, Tom Izzo > Calhoun?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
What about another BE coach with 856 wins, Jim B.? I agree with fleud up above - the ESPN conspiracy is pervasive and overt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom