Cheapest option for streaming games | The Boneyard

Cheapest option for streaming games

Reaction Score
I can no longer afford the $74/mo I'm paying for Hulu. What are some more affordable options for streaming UConn games? I'm an old guy so I'm not well versed in these things.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
YouTube TV, but it’s only like five or $10 cheaper. It’s relatively easy, though to toggle it on and off so that you only pay the monthly charge during the months that you want the service. You would only need it for six months out of the year, which effectively cuts the cost in half. You don’t need to reapply so it’s not that big a hassle.

To restart you follow the same steps but click restart.

I don’t know if that helps, but it’s an option. The other one that comes to mind is wait an extra 24 hours and usually games get posted. That would be “free”.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I used to google streams (reddit has a page for posting sports broadcasts that helps) but eventually I gave up and now I just pay for the YT subscription during the season. Was tired of the low quality and buffering issues.

I agree, it's expensive! I researched last year and there just does not appear to be a budget option, anything you choose is in that $60-70 range.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Download Fox Now to your phone or iPad. It's free and I watched most women's games on it last year.
I’m pretty sure that you need some kind of TV service info to input when you set up FOX NOW. But, if you sign up for Fox now before you cancel Hulu it will probably take a while for the app to realize you no longer have a TV contract.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I can no longer afford the $74/mo I'm paying for Hulu. What are some more affordable options for streaming UConn games? I'm an old guy so I'm not well versed in these things.
you can stream UConn games on Hulu? Tell me more.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Damn I just signed up for YouTube TV last week, would have been nice to get that deal and save a little money.

With Redzone and HBO it’s going to be ~$90 per month, which was way cheaper than what I had with Xfinity.

While I get slightly less fringe channels (the ones I never even watched anyways) I get everything I need to watch sports. FS1 & FS2, CBSsports, BTN, ACC Network, SEC Network, ESPN / 2 / U / News.

Plus a huge advantage is you can stream anywhere. Vs with Xfinity I could only stream certain channels (like FOX) on home Wi-Fi, so I couldn’t watch UConn games on FOX away from the house.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
YT can be a bit finicky with your location for sports actually. I was able to watch every game but not all live down here in FL. I couldn't get a VPN egress that would fool it either unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom