ChatGPT Analyzes Dan Hurley’s Defense… | The Boneyard

ChatGPT Analyzes Dan Hurley’s Defense…

Reaction Score
FAA80B58-936B-4D87-BFCB-D7131D2142B9.jpeg

AI clearly has a ways to go…no mention of the high hedge…

Reaction Score
I'm actually impressed that it acknowledges it doesn't know some things here.

When I've seen people ask it about the Japanese language, it just makes random crap up half the time.

Reaction Score
I had never seen ChatGPT before. I was expecting it to be a lot better.
Not surprisingly it seems like a lot of the output depends on the way you ask the questions. Plus this is the free public-facing beta version. So I’m sure they have a more advanced model.

It’s a little disturbing to see how quickly it spits out what is actually a reasonably thoughtful answer that is about 10x more coherent than most of the posts here on the Yard. :D

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
I feel like DH is trying to make Adama more appealing to scouts by showcasing hium as a 4 who can bang but also step out... Clearly this showcasing comes at the expense of our team D, as Adama isn't ready to guard on the perimeter & we are not fast enough in rotations with them on the floor together. Doesn't mean it can't happen eventually (see Grant Williams) but i'm hoping it doesn't become a constant with this team. On a seperate note, we are paying the price for not having a floor general.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
ChatGPT is fun and can answer some real questions, but in this early stage sometimes the info is unreliable so beware.

Note the there is no real time information -- it's based on data up until 2021.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I did try ChatGPT for Haikus, but didn't use any it gave me. For any of you struggling with Haikus or ignoring the rules, it may help. No idea if @Hans Sprungfeld approves.

Reaction Score
I had never seen ChatGPT before. I was expecting it to be a lot better.
As someone who works in the Conversational AI space - you are high as hell.

There are a lot of things in the world to be unimpressed about but there is some major dunning-kruger happening in the public discourse about Chat GPT. There is a reason Microsoft is trying to throw $10B at them to help with search, and the closer you get to industry expertise in ML/Langauge/AI the more amazed people are at the quality they have produced. The almost impossible and mindbending capability of the ChatGPT free form data ingestion/intent modeling/language parsing - its one of those rare technologies that are a demarcation between before and after.

The entire history of computers/computing has been humans trying to bridge the gap in communicating with machines effectively so they can do more and more complex tasks. levers, mainframe punch cards, keyboards, touchscreens... these are all middleware to the obvious communications technology that humans are born with - our voice and language capabilities.

This breaks down that gap and will completely transform the world in the next 5-10 years. Think Jetson sh!zt. OpenAI is certainly a leading player here but tons of Voice AI/Conversational AI/Language ML companies are doing amazing stuff.

/fin rant

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As someone who works in the Conversational AI space - you are high as hell.

There are a lot of things in the world to be unimpressed about but there is some major dunning-kruger happening in the public discourse about Chat GPT. There is a reason Microsoft is trying to throw $10B at them to help with search, and the closer you get to industry expertise in ML/Langauge/AI the more amazed people are at the quality they have produced. The almost impossible and mindbending capability of the ChatGPT free form data ingestion/intent modeling/language parsing - its one of those rare technologies that are a demarcation between before and after.

The entire history of computers/computing has been humans trying to bridge the gap in communicating with machines effectively so they can do more and more complex tasks. levers, mainframe punch cards, keyboards, touchscreens... these are all middleware to the obvious communications technology that humans are born with - our voice and language capabilities.

This breaks down that gap and will completely transform the world in the next 5-10 years. Think Jetson sh!zt. OpenAI is certainly a leading player here but tons of Voice AI/Conversational AI/Language ML companies are doing amazing stuff.

/fin rant
Dunning-Kruger is @nelsonmuntz's middle name.

Reaction Score
Can it give me tonight’s winning Mega Millions numbers?

Reaction Score
I honestly don't get the business case for spending a nickel on Conversational AI. The AI market is flooded with capital, so by the time a technology is developed that really works, there will probably be 1000 other technologies that can do virtually the same thing, meaning there will be no pricing power for the winner.
There's a very obvious business case for them to be acquisition targets for large tech/software players that have a build or buy decision. There are tons of applications for this technology, especially if you're a company that uses a cloud infrastructure company to deliver services already (Amazon, microsoft, google, etc.) and there's clearly a first mover advantage here if done well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There's a very obvious business case for them to be acquisition targets for large tech/software players that have a build or buy decision. There are tons of applications for this technology, especially if you're a company that uses a cloud infrastructure company to deliver services already (Amazon, microsoft, google, etc.) and there's clearly a first mover advantage here if done well.

Every tech company in the world is already building AI into its applications. They are all better off building AI into their existing applications rather than using a one-size-fits-all chatbot like ChatGPT appears to be. Chatbots are customer service, so no company is going to pay up for a slightly better version of whatever ChatBot they have now.

Building a company to sell it is generally a pretty good strategy in tech, except you don't want to get into a sector where there are too many sellers, because that drives everyone's price down. How many AI companies are Google, Amazon and Microsoft going to buy, and at what price? Given the huge number of generic AI companies being funded, you might be able to buy one for the price of a modest beach house in 5 years. Many of them are going to go bust, so those will be even cheaper.

"First mover advantage" is mostly a relic of an era where there were high capital costs and network externalities, and even then it didn't work that well. Google was probably not even one of the first 10 search engines. Microsoft was not first for word processing or spreadsheet applications. Apple did get to the PC market early, then failed spectacularly, and then found a second life (rare for a tech company) as a consumer devices company. IBM had a first mover advantage, and now it is mostly a professional services company. Amazon didn't really break out in retail until recently, and is still losing money on just about everything it sells. Technology is an industry of creative destruction, and there is always someone coming up behind the new new thing to displace it.

You do see more first mover advantage in smaller markets that do not attract that much capital, because getting critical mass is easier and it is not worth it for followers to spend the time and money to catch up. Even then, in an area where venture capital is plentiful, even those markets get competitive pretty quickly.

ChatGPT is trying to take over the world in a market that has already attracted billions in capital. Good luck with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom