Chat instead of game thread | The Boneyard

Chat instead of game thread

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Clearly unless a specific game chat room is created and the men play at the same time this will not work!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Clearly unless a specific game chat room is created and the men play at the same time this will not work!
How often will this happen?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Like others, I gave the chat room a fair try. It has some benefits, but on the whole, I would prefer that the game thread be re-tried. If people can’t behave, then ban or suspend them.

Reaction Score
Like others, I gave the chat room a fair try. It has some benefits, but on the whole, I would prefer that the game thread be re-tried. If people can’t behave, then ban or suspend them.
I'm still a bit confused as to what the problem was. OK people post some things in the heat of the moment. So what? That's literally 99.999999999% of the internet. If people don't like that then they can go back to 1955 when there was no internet. Every WCBB board in America has game threads. Except this one. Maybe I don't see all the posts, but it feels like the mods created a problem for the sake of solving it. I work with people like that. They have ridiculous expectations of people to do things exactly their way and if they don't then it's a problem that they try to "fix."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm pretty much committed to staying off the chat room; for me, it's not a warm, rewarding environment. It's like sending a note in a bottle and not expecting anything back.

But what the heck, maybe we should be discussing the team when they're not playing, and just watching/listening when they are.

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of the chat room. Much prefer the old thread approach. Yes it had some bad comments...but I just ignored them. That being said, the angst that Nan was going thru was painful. I’d like her to be able to keep her sanity.

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of the chat room. Much prefer the old thread approach. Yes it had some bad comments...but I just ignored them. That being said, the angst that Nan was going thru was painful. I’d like her to be able to keep her sanity.
People are losing their sanity over randos posting things on the internet about a basketball game which is essentially a show/entertainment?

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
it feels like the mods created a problem for the sake of solving it. I work with people like that. They have ridiculous expectations of people to do things exactly their way and if they don't then it's a problem that they try to "fix."[/QUOTE said:
I don't think those judgments about the motives and intentions of the mods are fair to them. Day in, day out, they seem anything but self-serving, while trying to encourage posters to stay within civil boundaries.

Reaction Score
Is there a reason why game threads can't be handled like politics are on this board, i.e. redirect the users to an alternate board that doesn't need to be monitored.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom