Chat going on with Dom right now. | The Boneyard

Chat going on with Dom right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Comment from Phil- "Dom, any word on summer plans for the remaining team? are there summer leagues, or international competition?"

Dom- "phil, the usual stuff. yes."

Way to give us the dirty details Dom! Seriously, every time I go on for one of the chats, I learn absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
Comment from Phil- "Dom, any word on summer plans for the remaining team? are there summer leagues, or international competition?"

Dom- "phil, the usual stuff. yes."

Way to give us the dirty details Dom! Seriously, every time I go on for one of the chats, I learn absolutely nothing.

No I think you did learn something...don't go on his chats!

Reaction Score
FWIW, Shabbazz will work out, and try out for the Puerto Rican National team. I guess he qualifys because his mom is 1/2 Puerto Rican. He should benefit from this experience.
Don't know if Giffey will try out for the German team. Perhaps Boatright can get selected to try for the U-19 team. The others will have to slug it out in the greater Hartford twilight league.

Reaction Score
Having a chat with Dom is like asking a Providence fan on the scout board for any Uconn news

Reaction Score
Having a chat with Dom is like asking a Providence fan on the scout board for any Uconn news
to be fair to Dom, it's not like he's any worse than Mike Anthony.

i think it's more a product of the social media age we live in. as fans we can get information on twitter as it happens, so unless Dom has someone from within the program leaking him information or he's talking to the players constantly, he won't be giving us anything new.

these days the beat writers are more for the casual fan who gets all of there uconn news from the courant.

Reaction Score

i think it's more a product of the social media age we live in. as fans we can get information on twitter as it happens, so unless Dom has someone from within the program leaking him information or he's talking to the players constantly, he won't be giving us anything new.

these days the beat writers are more for the casual fan who gets all of there uconn news from the courant.

this

Reaction Score

Who covered the Huskies for the courant before Mike Anthony? I thought he did a billion times the job Anthony did. I agree with this post. I think it's the age we live in. You can get info from many other sources before the local paper. In the near not-too-distant future, we won't have libraries or newspapers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd have to say that Amore is worse than Anthony.

Reaction Score
I'd have to say that Amore is worse than Anthony.

I agree. Mike Anthony may have been "boring", but he always did a quality job and was very professional. I have nothing against Amore, but I always feel like he's a little bit behind the most recent news and doesn't put forth great effort into his articles.

Reaction Score
Amore is a baseball guy that got pushed into doing basketball. He doesn't know much, if anything, about basketball, but he does at least try. I would expect more from CT's largest paper, but you can't be shocked.
Look at Amore's twitter. He either retweets what other writers say about UConn BBall, or he tweets about baseball. He's a fish out of water trying to cover basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom