Chase Young | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chase Young

Reaction Score
While some schools make millions off their athletic programs, other school lose money on their athletic programs. Teams that don’t show a profit shouldn’t be allowed to pay their players. Once the players prove they are good enough to generate a profit, then they should qualify for payments.

what hors=hit

We are in this new AGE of Oligarchy in College Football where you have P5 Programs (and ND) making $50m + per year and competitive AAC are crowing over a contract under $7m.

This will (and has) created a structural change in the Sport.

ECON 101: Cartel. And in Cartels, dominant players will CHEAT. We are heading to a continuing slide to a very grave position for 120 programs out of 134. And all of the FCS.

Reaction Score
what hors=hit

We are in this new AGE of Oligarchy in College Football where you have P5 Programs (and ND) making $50m + per year and competitive AAC are crowing over a contract under $7m.

This will (and has) created a structural change in the Sport.

ECON 101: Cartel. And in Cartels, dominant players will CHEAT. We are heading to a continuing slide to a very grave position for 120 programs out of 134. And all of the FCS.

So, do you think that making it OK to pay the athletes will level the playing field, or just make the current situation worse.

Reaction Score
So, do you think that making it OK to pay the athletes will level the playing field, or just make the current situation worse.

look ... Notre Dame probably wants to pay to separate themselves from 40 other P5 & get a “Champions League” component with 11 others. Maybe that’s OK. And they’ll still want to play Central Michigan.

for UCONN ... I’m convinced - after this AAC experience - we are better off with Regional solid Football. I want UMASS to rise. Play Buffalo & Army & Navy & Temple. BC + Syracuse + Rutgers. Some MAC. Old Dominion. James Madison. A ACC once in awhile. Play a bowl at Fenway or Toronto. We had our on Fiesta.

Reaction Score
look ... Notre Dame probably wants to pay to separate themselves from 40 other P5 & get a “Champions League” component with 11 others. Maybe that’s OK. And they’ll still want to play Central Michigan.

for UCONN ... I’m convinced - after this AAC experience - we are better off with Regional solid Football. I want UMASS to rise. Play Buffalo & Army & Navy & Temple. BC + Syracuse + Rutgers. Some MAC. Old Dominion. James Madison. A ACC once in awhile. Play a bowl at Fenway or Toronto. We had our on Fiesta.

I don’t think ND wants to pay the players. But if it were to become an accepted practice, I have no doubt that the various Notre Dame alumni clubs around the country could raise millions to persuade some top rated recruits to go to South Bend. Of course, so could the Ohio State alumni, and Michigan, and Alabama and certainly Texas, Penn State, Oregon and a few others.

Apparently some here would see that as a good thing, but it would certainly change the makeup of college football. With essentially no more scholarship restrictions, the rich would just keep getting richer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom