Charting our course | The Boneyard

Charting our course

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
With our loss yesterday, we would need to win out to get a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Realistically, we need a top three seed to have a chance at a national title (yes we were a 7 seed in 2014 but we were seeded wrong and had Shabazz).

Here are predictions on win totals needed for each seed line:

1 seed: 30 wins
2 seed: 28-29 wins
3 seed: 26-27 wins
4 seed: 25 wins
5 seed: 24 wins
6 seed: 23 wins
7 seed: 22 wins
8-9 seed: 21 wins
10-11 seed: 20 wins
First four: 19 wins (maybe)

I think it is vital we get a top-3 seed. IMO, it could be the difference between going out in the first game and going deep.

Reaction Score
I t
With our loss yesterday, we would need to win out to get a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Realistically, we need a top three seed to have a chance at a national title (yes we were a 7 seed in 2014 but we were seeded wrong and had Shabazz).

I think it is vital we get a top-3 seed. IMO, it could be the difference between going out in the first game and going deep.
I think we need a good seed, but more importantly, the seed that puts us in Albany and MSG for the first couple of weekends. Correct me if I’m wrong but is that a 2 seed in the east?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I t

I think we need a good seed, but more importantly, the seed that puts us in Albany and MSG for the first couple of weekends. Correct me if I’m wrong but is that a 2 seed in the east?

The only seed that puts us in Albany/MSG is a 1 seed, unless we are a 6 or below. they will NEVER put us in Albany/MSG 2 though 5 as we are screwing the protected seeds there. Wont happen. 1 seed or bust

Reaction Score
You

At this point I think the goal should be 25+ which would probably be good for a 3 seed or better.

Reaction Score
23 wins will be a chore unless there's a turnaround of epic proportions. I mean I kid a little as we saw early how good they can be, but they are a long way away from that team now and it's been a while. Let's see if they can steer back on course, one can only hope.

Reaction Score
As a top 5 seed we are probably in Albany. But i think your figures are a little off. A lot of the country is going to be in the 7-8 loss range.

I believe, if we finish 13-7 in conference and 24-7 we are probably a 4 seed…assuming we dont like lose to DePaul as part of that.

That 24-7 4 seed could easily become a 3 or a 2 depending on the Performance at MSG.

But anything worse then 24-7, yeah anything from 5-8 is probably in play, seeing how thats most likely due to some bad losses or lack of signature ones.

Reaction Score
Might depend who we play and who we beat in the Big East Tournament. 2 or 3 top 25 wins on neutral court can do wonders for a seeding bump.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The only seed that puts us in Albany/MSG is a 1 seed, unless we are a 6 or below. they will NEVER put us in Albany/MSG 2 though 5 as we are screwing the protected seeds there. Wont happen. 1 seed or bust
This.

For reference, Villanova went 26-7 and was a #2 seed last year. Big East champs too. Got selected to the South Region. They were sent to Pittsburgh for Rds of 64 & 32, then San Antonio for S16 & E8.

Baylor was given the #1 seed in the East.

Reaction Score

It’s not realistic to expect this team to win a title. You need strong PG play to be successful in March.

Reaction Score
We were struggling a little for a couple games before we lost to Xavier. Its been a long time since we were “good”. Unless we turn things around we are looking like a 10 seed right now. Maybe worse. Given how bad we look and how much of a struggle every Big East game is, there is no limit to our bottom. Scary times.

Reaction Score
I t

My humble opinion remains that the Albany/MSG scenario would be horrible for this particular team. I do not see the one dominant force that can pick this team up and drag them on their shoulders. The 2014 team had that player I think they would crumble under the expectations unless things turn around I was hoping Hawkins would turn into that guy, but 31 points. The other night was not even enough.

Reaction Score
We were struggling a little for a couple games before we lost to Xavier. Its been a long time since we were “good”. Unless we turn things around we are looking like a 10 seed right now. Maybe worse. Given how bad we look and how much of a struggle every Big East game is, there is no limit to our bottom. Scary times.
This is an insane take. The yard is yardin. Relax

Reaction Score
This is an insane take. The yard is yardin. Relax
How can you think this is insane? We were down 10 to Georgetown in the second half. Joey C saved us with a run for the ages. We then nearly lost to Nova, who it turns out stinks. They barely escaped Georgetown today due to a last second steal. We then lost to Xavier and PC before squeaking by a mediocre Creighton team. Then we got manhandled by SJU at home. We are 1-4 in our last 5 and we haven’t played well since beating Butler on 12/17. The coach is whining to the press, the players are oozing misery in the postgame press conference and now reporters are eluding to trouble in the locker room.

Our trajectory looks like a plane crash in the making right now. We can obviously play better and get back on track, but projecting a higher seed based on how we are playing is foolish. We aren’t good right now and we are in danger of crashing and burning. Until further notice, our seed is dropping.

Reaction Score
How can you think this is insane? We were down 10 to Georgetown in the second half. Joey C saved us with a run for the ages. We then nearly lost to Nova, who it turns out stinks. They barely escaped Georgetown today due to a last second steal. We then lost to Xavier and PC before squeaking by a mediocre Creighton team. Then we got manhandled by SJU at home. We are 1-4 in our last 5 and we haven’t played well since beating Butler on 12/17. The coach is whining to the press, the players are oozing misery in the postgame press conference and now reporters are eluding to trouble in the locker room.

Our trajectory looks like a plane crash in the making right now. We can obviously play better and get back on track, but projecting a higher seed based on how we are playing is foolish. We aren’t good right now and we are in danger of crashing and burning. Until further notice, our seed is dropping.
We aren’t a 10 seed right now. Not even close

Reaction Score
Been a bad 2 weeks but we're still fine. Just clean things up and win some games and all this bad taste will be forgotten.

Reaction Score
We aren’t a 10 seed right now. Not even close
Ah. I see your issue. I’m not saying we are a 10 seed right now. I meant we are beginning to look like one.

Reaction Score
Ah. I see your issue. I’m not saying we are a 10 seed right now. I meant we are beginning to look like one.
Yea we’ve struggled. But St John’s is the first loss I felt genuinely bad about. This happens during a CBB season. We’ll figure it out. We weren’t just 14-0, we were dominating teams. That wasn’t a complete fluke. I remember Tyler Polley did an interview early in the year and eluded to the next step for this team would be dealing with adversity. That’s where we are. We were the hunted and didn’t handle it well. I think that with the drop in the polls and the humble pie we’ll see a better team going forward. We can still right this ship and earn a top 2/3 seed. All is not doom and gloom, it just feels that way. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Seeding matters but 2 seeds lose and 10 seeds win. Just need to be playing well in March so there is time to change the momentum.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I remember Tyler Polley did an interview early in the year andeluded to the next step for this team would be dealing with adversity.

The coach is whining to the press, the players are oozing misery in the postgame press conference and now reporters are eluding to trouble in the locker room.
The word you wanted eluded both of you. Let the shared error cancel your posts out. Keep your energies focused toward the successes that you do want, not predictions of the bad outcomes that you don't want.

Screenshot_20230116-205749.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom