Charlotte Kohl | The Boneyard

Charlotte Kohl

Reaction Score
MSST posters, any info on Charlotte, my brother-in-law tells me he expects she will be the real surprise next season. Any comments as to why he is so optimistic, has she shone out in the practice seasons , any info would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
MSST posters, any info on Charlotte, my brother-in-law tells me he expects she will be the real surprise next season. Any comments as to why he is so optimistic, has she shone out in the practice seasons , any info would be appreciated.
She works hard but I haven’t seen anything to date that she has taken a giant leap. She had to step and play last season when D Carter got hurt. Obviously that resulted in many more minutes. Just from a law of averages standpoint her stats were going to increase. However I’ll concede that she had quite a few games where she performed much better than I expected. She had one game with 11 rebounds and another with 18. I’m sure she has gained weight and strength. Further, she has two seasons of playing against SEC level talent. That said I’d be pleasantly surprised if she was able to hold off the new and returning from injury/off the court issues players for significant minutes.
J Carter will start at 5 and, if healthy, D Carter will start at 4. R Parker will push for minutes at the 5 and D Carter will rotate there on occasion. I’m not sold that R Parker is that much better so I guess it is possible C Kohl could get those minutes. However depending on how N Gony and K Weber play at the four we may be a better team with them rotating at the 4 with D Carter being the main post sub.

Reaction Score
Mil, thanks for the info, I was told she and Jessika would both be playing together with Kohl being the post and Jessika playing forward. However, I see Kohl is not projected as a starter. My brother-in-law is a Southern Miss guy so I do not know where he got his info from.

Reaction Score
Mil, thanks for the info, I was told she and Jessika would both be playing together with Kohl being the post and Jessika playing forward. However, I see Kohl is not projected as a starter. My brother-in-law is a Southern Miss guy so I do not know where he got his info from.
Years ago Coach Schaefer commented on J Carter at the four and it has been projected by fans since that time. However she is MSU’s best post option by a long shot. In interviews earlier this year D Carter and Coach Purcell discussed her (D Carter) playing the four. If D Carter hasn’t fully recovered then likely K Weber or N Gony will start and the other backup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom