Charlie V looking to ball with the Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
this was earlier i believe... CoachKO_UConn Kevin Ollie

@

@CV31 Whata upCharlie V.. Would love to catch up and get you up to campus soon.. Always love to hv the UCONN family around our players..

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This may sound trite, but this is why Ollie make sense as a future HC. He's a legit former NBA player who knows how to communicate with younger guys -- in more than one sense. (He can talk the talk, and he can also Tweet.)

Recruiting is the #1 reason for success. And I think with Ollie, we would be OK there. Hopefully watching JC draw up X's and O's for a couple seasons will give him that critical skill set too.

Reaction Score
Was watching sportscenter and Blake Griffin was bored out of his mind, yet in LA there are some pros to practice with. The UConn NBA family is so fortunate in that they can keep their shape while teaching and playing with other NBAers in Storrs. Not every Pro has this situation. Another reason to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
Plus, as a PG playing in as many offenses and different coaches as he did over the years, he has probably picked up on some nice sets as well as far as X's & O's.

This may sound trite, but this is why Ollie make sense as a future HC. He's a legit former NBA player who knows how to communicate with younger guys -- in more than one sense. (He can talk the talk, and he can also Tweet.)

Recruiting is the #1 reason for success. And I think with Ollie, we would be OK there. Hopefully watching JC draw up X's and O's for a couple seasons will give him that critical skill set too.

Reaction Score
Aceboon in that video Bazz fakes a pass to his left (looks away), freezes the defender underneath the basket THEN lobs it up to Lamb. Defender can't recover. Had he looked at Lamb all the way the defender would have known what was coming. I don't think you can teach that.

Reaction Score

I agree but the x's and O's are a big skill set and the other thing is that the players respect/fear Calhoun, and I wonder if Ollie is too nice a human.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I agree but the x's and O's are a big skill set and the other thing is that the players respect/fear Calhoun, and I wonder if Ollie is too nice a human.

They'd be different coaches, for sure. We'll never have another JC. We'll see what kind of backbone KO has.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They'd be different coaches, for sure. We'll never have another JC. We'll see what kind of backbone KO has.
i believe ollie can and will a hardass when he has to, but he doesn't have to show it in public bc he's not the head coach yet and the kids have all the respect for him... he is and will do just fine

Reaction Score
I like KO's comment at first night about him keeping his shoes in the back in case he needs to show the players who is boss

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Get everybody we can back here! Someone get in contact with Emeka!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom