Charlie Creme: What's the buzz on Bourbon St.? | The Boneyard

Charlie Creme: What's the buzz on Bourbon St.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Have to love this prediction!
ESPN pundits Creme, Hays, and Fagan go with UConn to take the NC while Hays and Voepel go with ND. There's got to be a mighty big chip on the shoulder of whoever wins the Louisville - Cal game. I have no idea whether their predictions will have any real effect on the FF outcome, but I do think it should be pointed out to the basketball gods that using the 3-2 majority consensus pick here is a fair and sensible way to settle the matter.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If Cal beats LVille, it will be a big upset off of what I saw of them. They look like a decent team from 10 years ago. Shoni is a bit of a wildcard. Skilled, but very emotional. That almost cost them the upset over Baylor. That said, I'd think the UConn/ND winner will certainly be favored. However, LVille did knock off the odds on favorite and handled UT pretty nicely, although I wasn't that surprised even if I thought UT might win that game. Discounting them would be nuts, but I think neither UConn nor ND would yield nearly as many points to UL that either Baylor or UT did.

As for UConn and ND, obviously they are pretty even and the odds favor UConn winning one of these games. UConn wins all 3 of those games if they had figured out how to deal with ND's overplaying D. 5-7 less turnovers would have made a big difference in our favor, and in the OT game, we should have won despite the TO's because our free throw misses did us in. Diggins was big for them but I agree with GA that UConn lost those games as much as ND won them.
I also think GA nominates one of our kids to scowl to antidote the Diggins glare. Fight fire with fire and then make sure we outscore them.:rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Louisville is a very different team than the one that was playing in Feb and even than the one from the BE tournament. If they keep up this play they can give any team a really hard time. I do think ND and CT present a harder proposition than Baylor in terms of having more players that can beat you. With Baylor if you stop BG and slow Sims, the rest of the team doesn't have the history of going off on offense.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not that ND needs any additional incentive to beat UConn, it would be nice if some predicted them to Win. It just has to be adding incentive to the ND players, in a year they beat UConn three times, they still don't get any respect.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not that ND needs any additional incentive to beat UConn, it would be nice if some predicted them to Win. It just has to be adding incentive to the ND players, in a year they beat UConn three times, they still don't get any respect.
Voepel and Hays picked ND to win.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
And in the ESPN fan poll, they were favored over UConn by quite a margin, adding to the mojo.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There is still this confusion about how Louisville beat Baylor. From the article:

Louisville's defensive game plan against Baylor deserves most of the credit for that stunning upset. It was brilliantly devised and executed.

Louisville gave up 81 points to Baylor. Baylor avg. 81 pts a game. Their defense did nothing to stop Baylor.

But the Cardinals aren't here without an offense that has exceeded anything it did during the regular season.

There is where they won the game. Baylor allows 54 pts a game. Louisville hung 82 on them. They won the game on the offensive end, not the defensive end. Actually their defensive effort wasn't very good.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Oh I'm sure there will be plenty of people buzzed on Bourbon St.

I'm not yet buzzed, nor on Bourbon Street, but sitting in Bradley, so will be there soon.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Well, I hesitated before typing the word "soon", maybe I knew something. They just announced the flight to DC is a few minutes late, and they can't guarantee the connection, so they've rerouted us through Charlotte. Will be a couple hours later than we thought.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, I hesitated before typing the word "soon", maybe I knew something. They just announced the flight to DC is a few minutes late, and they can't guarantee the connection, so they've rerouted us through Charlotte. Will be a couple hours later than we thought.
Ah, the joys of air travel these days.... Good luck!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I probably should have stuck with SouthWest.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Ah, to be in Charlotte, when the chiggers are in bloom!:rolleyes:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There is still this confusion about how Louisville beat Baylor. From the article:

Louisville's defensive game plan against Baylor deserves most of the credit for that stunning upset. It was brilliantly devised and executed.

Louisville gave up 81 points to Baylor. Baylor avg. 81 pts a game. Their defense did nothing to stop Baylor.

But the Cardinals aren't here without an offense that has exceeded anything it did during the regular season.

There is where they won the game. Baylor allows 54 pts a game. Louisville hung 82 on them. They won the game on the offensive end, not the defensive end. Actually their defensive effort wasn't very good.
I think what was really meant was that they did a good job against Griner, who nearly all of the columnists were fixated on. Sims had a very strong game, but the rest of the players shot under 40% on a team that was shooting normally about 52%. But when you give up 19 points at the FT line, the score is usually going to be pretty high. And definitely the 3-pt shooting by the Cardinals was the big stat, that and those last 2 FTs.

Reaction Score
Oh I'm sure there will be plenty of people buzzed on Bourbon St.
I was just going to say I have a feeling the buzz on Bourbon Street will be alcohol-induced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom