Charlie Crème singing a new tune | The Boneyard

Charlie Crème singing a new tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BF56A226-C412-4E05-812F-7B84D43A98AE.png
Interesting that Creme now sees UConn winning the region. Nothing has changed with this team since the BE Tounry but yet he still had VA Tech as a one seed vs UConn. Granted he didn’t know which bracket UConn was going to be in, but if he didn’t think VA tech was strong enough to win their region against any team then why even project them as a #1. I know I shouldn’t care about his opinion, but He frustrates me to no end.

Reaction Score
View attachment 85095 Interesting that Creme now sees UConn winning the region. Nothing has changed with this team since the BE Tounry but yet he still had VA Tech as a one seed vs UConn. Granted he didn’t know which bracket UConn was going to be in, but if he didn’t think VA tech was strong enough to win their region against any team then why even project them as a #1. I know I shouldn’t care about his opinion, but He frustrates me to no end.
His job is to successfully project which teams the committee will include in the field, how they will be seeded, and where. Him projecting Va Tech as #1 only meant he projected the committee would evaluate their resume as a one seed. He was right.

Him picking Uconn, means he believes Uconn will win the region. Completely different thing. Projecting seeds doesn’t always mean projecting winners.

By your methodology, he can’t pick a single upset if he produces a bracket…

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I highly recommend taking a look at Charlie’s bracket picking video. He does have UConn making the FF before losing to IN, but that’s not why everyone should watch Charlie. Rather than using an old fashioned white board with a marker. The ESPN technology boys came up with an electronic bracket where Charlie has to pull up each region and round, touch screen style, and then tap in his picks.

All I can say is that Charlie is no Steve Kornacki. While I am sure he was trained to use ESPN’s electronic bracket, he continuously brings up the wrong region or wrong round and has to fumble around until he brings up the correct ones.

I thought it was hilarious. The lesson, as always, is that, “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” ;)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't blame Charlie one bit for changing his prediction. UConn has received as favorable a bracket as anyone...The road to a final-4 is reasonable and possible, any moron can see that...even Charles.

We still have to win the games....
My expectations are as high as anyone's but ...
You still have to win the games...
And Geno and I will fret about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
These tournaments bring about a lot of noise. Beat the team in front of you first, move on to the next game. Then beat them. Move on etc.

Reaction Score
Everybody saw what UCONN did in the BET with a more complete roster. They were a totally different team with a different energy level even though a couple players were extremely rusty. I would expect Azzi to hit her open shots going forward and AE to dominate the inside so why not pick them to win the Region?

If UCONN played their best and every team they played did the same I think it would come down to UCONN and South Carolina. It isn't a stretch for the experts to see the same thing considering how well UCONN played with one hand tied behind their backs all season.

Reaction Score
I highly recommend taking a look at Charlie’s bracket picking video. He does have UConn making the FF before losing to IN, but that’s not why everyone should watch Charlie. Rather than using an old fashioned white board with a marker. The ESPN technology boys came up with an electronic bracket where Charlie has to pull up each region and round, touch screen style, and then tap in his picks.

All I can say is that Charlie is no Steve Kornacki. While I am sure he was trained to use ESPN’s electronic bracket, he continuously brings up the wrong region or wrong round and has to fumble around until he brings up the correct ones.

I thought it was hilarious. The lesson, as always, is that, “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” ;)
Hey! Lay off the "old dogs":
1678811522735.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
His job is to successfully project which teams the committee will include in the field, how they will be seeded, and where. Him projecting Va Tech as #1 only meant he projected the committee would evaluate their resume as a one seed. He was right.

Him picking Uconn, means he believes Uconn will win the region. Completely different thing. Projecting seeds doesn’t always mean projecting winners.

By your methodology, he can’t pick a single upset if he produces a bracket…
After reading your post I had to think a moment on what is Charlie's Bracketology. He does state that he is projecting on what the committee will do if it was meeting at the current time. So in all fairness to him I have to say he did a good job on the projection. I believe that he only had one team on his projection of the Top 16 wrong, I can't remember the team, but Tenn was in the Top 16 and he did not have them.

As for his projecting the Huskies as the team coming out of Seattle Regional #3 shows that the man does have some knowledge of basketball after all, kudos to Charlie.;)

Reaction Score

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it's fair to judge this team differently depending on Azzi Fudd's status. She does in fact "present a potentially different level" for UConn.

Reaction Score
I almost felt sorry for Charlie sitting at the table with 4 professionals. He was completely out classed by the ladies. He seldom said anything insightful and when he said anything, the ladies kind of nodded and went back to their much more informative and entertaining observations. I'll bet someone offstage had to remind them to look at Charlie every now and then! Go Charlie - far away!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it's fair to judge this team differently depending on Azzi Fudd's status. She does in fact "present a potentially different level" for UConn.
While it seems like an eternity, it’s easy to forget that early in the season, Azzi had back to back 32 pt games against TX & NC St. She followed that up with only 13 pts in a comfortable win over Duke, but then went off for 21 pts in the 2nd half (24 total) in an epic battle with Caitlin Clark’s Iowa Hawkeyes.

If that Azzi from November returns, UConn instantly becomes a championship contender once again. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 85095 Interesting that Creme now sees UConn winning the region. Nothing has changed with this team since the BE Tounry but yet he still had VA Tech as a one seed vs UConn. Granted he didn’t know which bracket UConn was going to be in, but if he didn’t think VA tech was strong enough to win their region against any team then why even project them as a #1. I know I shouldn’t care about his opinion, but He frustrates me to no end.
He's a fool and you know what Lincoln said about arguing with a fool too much. Pretty soon people can't tell the difference.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stop name-calling. If you have to resort to insults you’re adding nothing to the discourse.

I don’t get why people are so bent out of shape over one man speaking his opinions. It’s this what we’ve come to, denigrating people who disagree with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom