Charli Collier Home Visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charli Collier Home Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Marissa is to collier: the same ethnicity (which may or may not mean anything), closer to her own age than Geno, CD or Shea. She also played center/post in college. She's been where Collier is going.
She understands and has experienced everything that she will be going through. Marissa would also be her position coach. We all know assistants do the bulk of personal contacts with recruits (phone calls, twitter messages, instagrams, e-mails, letters, etc.)
You best believe they're working that ethnicity angle, many people never heard of "Connecticut". They know UConn but not much about Connecticut. I think ND doesn't the same thing and LV did it with Nikki Caldwell. I see no problem with it. Thanks for mentioning it, appreciate it!

Reaction Score
CtABNKpUsAAnpx6.jpg

Charli is one of the Top Players in 2018 and from Texas: charli-collier

She may be from Tx but she's at home in Storrs~!!!!!

Reaction Score
You best believe they're working that ethnicity angle, many people never heard of "Connecticut". They know UConn but not much about Connecticut. I think ND doesn't the same thing and LV did it with Nikki Caldwell. I see no problem with it. Thanks for mentioning it, appreciate it!

Yea I could see that American Ethnic angle being worked---No one around from Russia or France or India in the photo. Not that I know foreign places much--but in that Country of Texas--they don't have any Americans that can coach like Geno and Marrisa.
I hear even in El Paso there is at least one Italian bistro or pizza shop.. But nary one New England Boiled dinner joint..
I have even seen a Tex-Mex Tortilla place in Manchester.

Reaction Score

Texas may be a big state with a big rep---In my travels from Tex-Arkana to the Alamo--Galveston to Fort Worth , they all knew a Yankee when they saw one --and with the influx of Yankees to Dallas/Fw --Brownville, and Galveston they have seen and know many from Ct.
A couple of years back, when hiring was high in Dallas and Low in Hartford--Texans complained they were not sure which city they were in will all those Yankees about.. ESystems hustled a lot of Software types from new england to DFW area.. Now they are in Palo Alto or Boulder.

Reaction Score
I know I am swimming upstream with this comment but Geno looks tired to me. I wish Geno would let the assistants recruit for a bit and give himself time to fully recharge his battery post Olympics.
Geno's the kind of guy who is Young around young ball players---he lives for teaching these kids how to really play the game they knew as BB. But I understand you want him rested and ready for November--we all do.

Reaction Score
As I looked at this picture of Collier, Marissa and Geno, I reflected on you mentioning that she lost her father this year. The observation you made is very real. A warm and supportive family atmosphere will no doubt play a large part in choosing where she commits. It drove home the idea that during these home visits and other personal contacts (campus visits), it's crucial that the assistants form a strong personal bond with the recruit.
They are they ones that the players interact with most on a daily basis. They are the ones the players go when any type of personal problems or issues arise.

In some programs, it's possible that the players are requested go directly to one of the assistants first. If they cannot handle the situation, then one of them goes to the head coach, who at that time may not be on campus, or may be tied up with administrative duties/commitments or meetings. Most coaches have "an open door " policy with their players, but still encourage the players to contact one of the assistants first to see if perhaps they can resolve the problem/concern. Head coaches do not wet-nurse the players when emotional/physical boo-boos arise, the assistants do. :oops:

Marissa is to collier: the same ethnicity (which may or may not mean anything), closer to her own age than Geno, CD or Shea. She also played center/post in college. She's been where Collier is going.
She understands and has experienced everything that she will be going through. Marissa would also be her position coach. We all know assistants do the bulk of personal contacts with recruits (phone calls, twitter messages, instagrams, e-mails, letters, etc.)

Campus buildings, facilities, presidents and teachers don't recruit players, the coaches do. Campus location (winter weather/distance from home), amenities and desired curriculum availability (Major) of course play a large part in the recruitment process, and of course the current roster depth at her position, that is huge. As you know, when a player decides to commit to a particular program, it's to the coaches and players. The overall campus atmosphere may play a part, but is seldom the ultimate deciding factor.

Working in reverse: You can never have too many great players !
The comparative nature of Marissa and Collier - may be a momentary nicety --but if she comes to Connecticut to learn at the feet of the Master--she has that in Geno and Chris.
If she comes to Connecticut for FAMILY--she can not do better--Daddy Geno is tough and demanding --Momma Chris is soothing, caring, teaching and tough when need be (thats momma)
If she's looking for sister s--she'll have 10 or so of the best of the best--and she'll have all the issues sisters have--but Mom will fix them.
She won't have to learn Yankee New England talk---Geno--Italy/filly, Chris --Irish from NJ--Missouri, Mass, NY and 7 or 8 other states and dialects and idioms, a lot like Texas..

Reaction Score
The pessimist in me believes that although Prince's signing with Texas should preclude Collier also signing there, don't be surprised if Collier also joins the Longhorns..........Prince and Collier are good friends and if I'm not mistaken both had committed to Texas earlier so why not join the party now............Collier's family is very important to her and I'm sure that she would want them to be able too see her on a regular basis.......hope I'm wrong on this but all the pieces fit into place very well for Texas to keep another top recruit in state

Reaction Score
I know I am swimming upstream with this comment but Geno looks tired to me. I wish Geno would let the assistants recruit for a bit and give himself time to fully recharge his battery post Olympics.
Geno gets paid millions of dollars per year to do this - let him do his work. I'd rather see #1 recruits in Storrs, and let him worry about how he recharges his battery. So let him and Marissa hop on their chartered jet and go visit these kids 3X a week if that's what it takes. I'm sure he knows how to relax on the road (it's a learnable skill - trust me). Besides, what else is he gonna do?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ms. Marisa ma'am to me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The pessimist in me believes that although Prince's signing with Texas should preclude Collier also signing there, don't be surprised if Collier also joins the Longhorns.....Prince and Collier are good friends and if I'm not mistaken both had committed to Texas earlier so why not join the party now..Collier's family is very important to her and I'm sure that she would want them to be able too see her on a regular basis..hope I'm wrong on this but all the pieces fit into place very well for Texas to keep another top recruit in state

Charliebball, there's an old saying in football......"any play good enough to run once, is good enough to run twice. If they both committed to Texas, then de-committed, They can re-commit to Baylor. If that's the case, you can expect the other shoe to drop by the end of the month.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No kidding that Geno is always on the go. It's amazing really to think how little time out of the year he actually spends on campus. The good news here is that coach shows no sign of slowing down even with such a hectic schedule.
So true. That is why I always scoff at the thought that UCONN is at a level where they don't have to grind as hard as other program for recruits.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The pessimist in me believes that although Prince's signing with Texas should preclude Collier also signing there, don't be surprised if Collier also joins the Longhorns.....Prince and Collier are good friends and if I'm not mistaken both had committed to Texas earlier so why not join the party now..Collier's family is very important to her and I'm sure that she would want them to be able too see her on a regular basis..hope I'm wrong on this but all the pieces fit into place very well for Texas to keep another top recruit in state

I think Prince's commit to Texas will move Collier away from UT. Just my gut feeling, but I don't see her following her there. However, if Walker verbals to Texas all bets are off. Collier may see that as a chance to win a NC without needing to leave the state.

I think Walker's decision may start the falling of a few dominoes...and I don't mean pizza.

Reaction Score
I think Prince's commit to Texas will move Collier away from UT. Just my gut feeling, but I don't see her following her there. However, if Walker verbals to Texas all bets are off. Collier may see that as a chance to win a NC without needing to leave the state.

I think Walker's decision may start the falling of a few dominoes...and I don't mean pizza.
Or, similarily, she could verbal along with Walker to one of the other 2 schools, both of which would be happy to add Collier.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I'm with you on Walker. I think things will fall into place for 2017 and 2018 after she commits. Wherever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom