Charleston high schooler hoping Uconn comes calling | The Boneyard

Charleston high schooler hoping Uconn comes calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Certainly seems like the kind of kid you want in your program- smart, good attitude, good family, driven, etc. Obviously, Geno is looking for very specific levels of talent that can be used in very specific ways, so I have no way of knowing whether she's the kind of player he'd want. But definitely the kind of kid.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link! Great read. UConn could use a jewish player again.
This post gets the Tongue in Cheek award. After all, it is very possible that a girl named Cohen could turn out to be a shiksa.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Very interesting. You always want that kind of kid to succeed, and to succeed on their own terms, which for her would obviously be at UConn. Good thing is, she has a couple of years to grow her game and make that happen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So now we know the real reason that we played at Charleston. :)

She looks like a possibility. She's being recruited by some pretty good teams. BC is not one of them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good luck to her. It would be nice to be able to bring in a player that wants UCONN as much as she seems to. (not saying others don't, but it would be nice to bring in someone who wants UCONN even before they are being recruited)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If Jeff Walz is interested she must be worth a look.

Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for her!

Does anybody know who else UCONN is looking at in 2014 besides Brianna Turner & Sierra Calhoun?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for her!

Does anybody know who else UCONN is looking at in 2014 besides Brianna Turner & Sierra Calhoun?
Nope. I think Janelle Mullen from NYC in 2015 is interested in us. She is an off-the-charts 3-point shooter.

I think the youngest Samuelson is in 2015 but others know better.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
One of the things that Geno has mentioned as important about recruits is their desire to play at UConn. I wonder if an open expression of desire to play for UConn helps a recruit like Dekeiya Cohen to get on UConn's recruiting radar.

Reaction Score
She sounds determined and talented, but she could be shooting herself in the foot if she infinitesimally falls short of what Geno is looking for. I love her desire, though: I hope it works out for her.

Reaction Score
Dekeiya has the right attitude and works very hard to improve her game. Also she really wants to come to UCONN. Dekeiya seems like the type of player that Geno would want on his team. I hope at least Geno sends one of his coaches to take a look at Dekeiya. It can't hurt and who knows just maybe Dekeiya may turn out to be one of the gems of the 2014 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom