Charleston Classic | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For those staying at the Hyatt House - Historic District, there is a nice craft beer rooftop bar.

Ooh, not staying there but may head up if I get a chance.

Reaction Score
Has anyone had any luck scanning the QR codes for their tickets? Just tried to do this and my phone seems to have no idea what to do with it, not seeing a lot of help options on their website

Reaction Score
Has anyone had any luck scanning the QR codes for their tickets? Just tried to do this and my phone seems to have no idea what to do with it, not seeing a lot of help options on their website
What do you want to do? Put the tickets on your phone?

Reaction Score
I don’t think you can do that.
Oh, I have etickets and printed the pdfs, but on the page they have QR code’s you can scan, which I don’t know a different use for other than loading tickets on to a phone. Figured I’d try to avoid having to carry around a series of pieces of paper

Reaction Score
Oh, I have etickets and printed the pdfs, but on the page they have QR code’s you can scan, which I don’t know a different use for other than loading tickets on to a phone. Figured I’d try to avoid having to carry around a series of pieces of paper

That’s the code they scan to let you in the arena. You can also login to the ticket site and have them scanned there if you don’t want to use paper tickets. I don’t see a way to copy them to say Apple Wallet though.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Can you take a picture of them with your phone’s camera? If the QR code just needs to be scanned to get into the arena, what’s the difference if it’s scanned off a paper ticket or off a picture on the phone? Like when you’re at the airport and you screenshot your boarding pass and then use the camera app to scan before boarding?

I’m not too tech savvy though so not sure about this.

Reaction Score
Can you take a picture of them with your phone’s camera? If the QR code just needs to be scanned to get into the arena, what’s the difference if it’s scanned off a paper ticket or off a picture on the phone? Like when you’re at the airport and you screenshot your boarding pass and then use the camera app to scan before boarding?

I’m not too tech savvy though so not sure about this.
This will work from a technical point of view. However, the venue employee scanning the tickets might not allow it. Either because they are instructed to only take original tickets, or because they've never seen it before and don't know what to do.

Reaction Score
I got the following in my email regarding a "VIP Package". Looks like a pretty good deal if you plan on going to all/most of the sessions and don't need to experience Charleston's terrific restaurant selection.

My name is Grayson Moore and I manage the Charleston Classic on behalf of ESPN Events. We are looking forward to hosting you at the event next week!

I wanted to let you know that we are offering a limited amount of VIP Hospitality passes for the first time this year. Some basic details can be found below:

· Include one (1) meal per session catered by a local Charleston restaurant partner. Participating restaurants include:
o Session 1 – Thursday afternoon – Carrabba’s
o Session 2 – Thursday evening – TBonz
o Session 3 – Friday afternoon – Verde
o Session 4 – Friday evening – The Alley
o Session 5 – Sunday afternoon – East Bay Deli
o Session 6 – Sunday evening – Charleston Crab House
· Open beer and wine bar (can be taken to the seating bowl as long as poured in a provided cup)
o Beer: Michelob Ultra, Bud Light, Shock Top, Palmetto Huger Street IPA, Wicked Weed Lunatic Blonde
o Seltzer: Truly Wild Berry
o Wine: Chardonnay, Cabernet
· Meals will be available beginning 30 minutes after tip of the first game of each session. Snacks and/or desserts will be available at any time a meal is not being served.
· Two 84” TVs (Charleston Classic games will be on)
· Lounge furniture to relax in between games
· Outdoor patio overlooking Meeting Street with view of the Ravenel Bridge
o Patio furniture will be located outside pending the weather
· Location can be seen on the attached seating map (behind Section 216)

Wristbands are being sold through our partner PRIMESPORT for just $64 per session (2 games) after fees. All wristbands will be fulfilled through will call at TD Arena. You will need your ticket to enter TD Arena and then the wristband to enter the hospitality area.

If interested you may purchase here: Charleston Classic Tickets

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this or any other aspect of the event. See you in Charleston next week!

Best,
Grayson Moore

RON

Reaction Score
I live down here now. I have to work Thursday and Friday and will have an additional lower bowl ticket for those 2 days.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I got this and didn’t read it carefully. That is a very good deal. Will probably not do it because we will choose to eat elsewhere and have air bnb with full kitchen.

Reaction Score
I am considering doing the VIP deal for one night also, since our game Thursday and hopefully Friday are at 9pm it might make sense to do it, go in at 7 and eat and take advantage of the open bar, and then pass out for our game...

But I am thinking drinks in this stadium aren’t going to be crazy expensive, so the open bar might not be too big a savings, any locals have some first hand knowledge there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom