Charleston Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic

Reaction Score
12 of us heading down on Thursday, Nov 21. Is there a "UConn bar" people are meeting at. I thought I saw something in a thread a while back, but cant find it. Any info would be appreciated. We were in Notre Dame for my 50th birthday. Now Charleston for my 60th. Hope Charleston is as memorable as South Bend.

Reaction Score
12 of us heading down on Thursday, Nov 21. Is there a "UConn bar" people are meeting at. I thought I saw something in a thread a while back, but cant find it. Any info would be appreciated. We were in Notre Dame for my 50th birthday. Now Charleston for my 60th. Hope Charleston is as memorable as South Bend.
Email from UConn says the “official Husky Hangout” is at Carolina Ale House and starts 3 hours before each game.
145 Calhoun St.
Charleston,SC 29401

“Enjoy any of the 72 beers on tap on the rooftop of Carolina Ale House. Not attending the games? No problem! Game tickets are not required to join us for the Husky Hangout.”

Reaction Score
Email from UConn says the “official Husky Hangout” is at Carolina Ale House and starts 3 hours before each game.
145 Calhoun St.
Charleston,SC 29401

“Enjoy any of the 72 beers on tap on the rooftop of Carolina Ale House. Not attending the games? No problem! Game tickets are not required to join us for the Husky Hangout.”
Fitting it's on Calhoun St

Reaction Score

If it's you and 11 women, Charleston might be even more memorable.

Reaction Score
FYI - They've released additional discounted hotel rates. Some of them are really cheap. They make it nearly impossible to find though.

Meet Charleston

Nice, not sure where the group I'll be with will end up for Thursday night but some of those hotels are nice and close and wont be too big a strain on the wallet.

Really looking forward to this thing, do you guys think we will kind of take over Charleston or will there be decent fan crowds for Florida/Miami/Xavier as well?

Reaction Score
I live down here now. TD Arena holds about 5100 and seats are generally general admission. This is a good walking city, lots of bars and restaurants in the area. Parking shouldn't be much of a problem... either availability or cost. (Drink costs are nominal too, compared to bigger cities.) Poogan's Porch is great, but you can't swing a dead cat down here without hitting a great restaurant. 82 Queen is great as is Husk, Halls's Chop House...and on and on and on. If you are looking for fried chicken though, you've got to go to Martha Lou's Kitchen. Cash business a little ways away from downtown, but ranked among the best in the country.

See you at the Carolina Ale House.
Do you suggest 82 Queen for brunch or dinner? I have an 11 person party, Husk would only take reservations of 7.

Reaction Score
For those who want to scout Buffalo, they play an interesting OOC game vs Harvard the Saturday before the Charleston Classic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was in Chucktown last weekend. Had dinner at 5 Church. Super awesome place. I would put it on your radars.

Reaction Score
Yes. BDL Thursday morning at 6:00am. Delta. Coming back Saturday evening at 7:45 on United.
So missing all the games on Sunday including the Championship.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
So missing all the games on Sunday including the Championship.

Correct. My friends are bowing out Saturday so didn’t wanna do the last night solo.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The plan is to be there. Don't say hi to me, I won't say hi to you.
I'm thinking all of us take our phones off mute and look for the one most disturbed.:cool:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Is anyone going to Carolina Ale House before the games?

Reaction Score
We are trying to make reservations for 14 people prior to each game. So I have a couple of questions. If UConn was to lose on Thursday ( I hate typing that), is Fridays game at 7pm. Or am I interpreting the bracket incorrectly.

Also any recommendations on where to get reservations for 14 people. Tried a few places and no luck.

Thanks in advance. Go Huskies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom