Charleston Classic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're there. Charleston is already one of our favorites.. The food options are beyond belief, the city charming and the weather in late November typically in the 70's. Add the chance to see the Huskies downtown priceless. Let's rock the joint....we're back!!!!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The wife and I will be there. Any suggestions on a nice hotel downtown?
We stayed at the Market Pavilion Hotel in the historic district for a wedding last fall. If we go to the Charleston Classic we will try to stay there again. Even if you don't stay there I suggest you go have a cocktail by the rooftop pool. Nice ambiance and good views of Charleston Bay. The Fort Sumpter excursion is very worthwhile, also.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I make the drive from NJ to FL 2x per year so not that far off. It’s an easy drive except for the big city (nyc dc) traffic so try to time your trip to minimize rush hours there. Also DON’T GO OVER 81 IN VA. It’s a reckless driving charge not just a speeding ticket!! And they don’t care about writing those tickets. My nephew is a st trooper and one of his buddies. Got a ticket in VA
I too got caught one mile into Va from NC. 81 mph in a 60. The speed limit drops from 70 to 60 and the first mile into Va from NC is a downhill on I-95. State, County and Local cops take turns sitting at the bottom of the hill and pulling you over. I didn’t pay attention to the reckless thing until I got over 50 letters from local lawyers willing to take on my case. I ended up doing a 4 hour on line drivers Ed course and paying a $390 ticket

Reaction Score
I make the drive from NJ to FL 2x per year so not that far off. It’s an easy drive except for the big city (nyc dc) traffic so try to time your trip to minimize rush hours there. Also DON’T GO OVER 81 IN VA. It’s a reckless driving charge not just a speeding ticket!! And they don’t care about writing those tickets. My nephew is a st trooper and one of his buddies. Got a ticket in VA
I’ve made that trip down to Charleston several times via 81. Never an issue. We always drive because it’s me the wife and 3 kids. I’m going to look into flying in for these games though with just my wife.

Reaction Score
I’ve been dying to do Charleston for years. I’ve heard it’s amazing. If it’s anything like Savannah, I’m already in love.

Reaction Score
Uber’s easy in Charleston? Thinking of flying down and finding an airbnb.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
For anyone going to Charleston: First non-hoops afternoon or morning you've got, do a 2-hour walking + food tour. Incredible way to get a sense of the city's history in the most delicious way possible.

Reaction Score
Ok i reserved a hotel room. Best Western which is outside the city but at least is reasonable for 4 nights. only paying 437 with tax. Just have to buy the tickets when they become available. I signed up for that early discount on their site.

Reaction Score
Thinking about going up w/ my boys.. couple questions:
When do tix go on sale? Is it one for all the games ? Should I do that or just get the 3? UConn games?

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

I definitely second this advice. Got pulled over a few years ago doing 82 just outside Emporia, VA...about 10 minutes from the NC border. Didn’t realize it was reckless driving until I got back home to CT, so then had to make the drive BACK to Emporia to try and catch a break from the judge. Luckily he dropped it down to doing 79 in a 70 so no reckless driving, but still got hit with like a $250 ticket. Think I kept it a good 2-3mph under the speed limit thru VA when I drove down the 2nd time for court....

Hope we have an impressive turnout for Charleston, I'll be there reppin' UConn Territory down south!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Thinking about going up w/ my boys.. couple questions:
When do tix go on sale? Is it one for all the games ? Should I do that or just get the 3? UConn games?
Tickets go on sale mid-July, they sell all tournament tickets then offer single game later on with what they have left over, All tournament tickets last year were only $100. You can sign up on their website for discounted early tickets. Great excuse for a Charleston vacation with the family. Weather is unbeatable that time of year in Charleston, low 70s.Tickets - Charleston Classic

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I definitely second this advice. Got pulled over a few years ago doing 82 just outside Emporia, VA...about 10 minutes from the NC border. Didn’t realize it was reckless driving until I got back home to CT, so then had to make the drive BACK to Emporia to try and catch a break from the judge. Luckily he dropped it down to doing 79 in a 70 so no reckless driving, but still got hit with like a $250 ticket. Think I kept it a good 2-3mph under the speed limit thru VA when I drove down the 2nd time for court....

Hope we have an impressive turnout for Charleston, I'll be there reppin' UConn Territory down south!

Emporia. One of America's great speed traps.

Reaction Score
The place in North Charleston that made a good New England Greek pizza closed. So don't expect good pizza.

RON

Reaction Score
The place in North Charleston that made a good New England Greek pizza closed. So don't expect good pizza.
There is no good pizza, deli, bagels, or Chinese food in any of Charleston. However, if you do visit us here, go for Southern Food and Seafood. Also great modern cuisine if you like foo foo stuff.

Reaction Score
Already booked flights last month. Jetblue just decided to cancel their direct from DC to CHS and now want me to go from DC-BOS-CHS and CHS-FLL-DC...lovely.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
There is no good pizza, deli, bagels, or Chinese food in any of Charleston. However, if you do visit us here, go for Southern Food and Seafood. Also great modern cuisine if you like foo foo stuff.
The best spot is this upscale steakhouse downtown called Halls Chophouse. Its pricey but it’s the best steak I’ve ever had. Perfect 5 star and number #1 rated restaurant in Charleston on TA and Open table. Reserve well in advance if anyone is planning on going.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The best spot is this upscale steakhouse downtown called Halls Chophouse. Its pricey but it’s the best steak I’ve ever had. 5 star and number #1 rated restaurant on TA and Open table. Reserve well in advance if anyone is planning on going.

went there last year. confirmed. excellent.

Reaction Score
Halls is fantastic. Peninsula Grill it's also one of our favs. The coconut cake is to die for

Reaction Score
Halls is fantastic. Peninsula Grill it's also one of our favs. The coconut cake is to die for
My wife was just at Pennisula Grill a few weeks ago and concurs with your opinion. Charleston Grill is also really good.

There was one place she went which was high end and she said it wasn't as good as some of the other places they went. It's in a former church? I think outside the city.

RON

Reaction Score
My wife was just at Pennisula Grill a few weeks ago and concurs with your opinion. Charleston Grill is also really good.

There was one place she went which was high end and she said it wasn't as good as some of the other places they went. It's in a former church? I think outside the city.
It's called 5Church

Reaction Score
Good Afternoon –

My name is Grayson Moore and I manage the annual Charleston Classic basketball tournament on behalf of ESPN Events. I wanted to thank you personally for your interest in our 2019 event and signing up for the discounted ticket pre-sale on our website. The purpose of this note is to confirm your inclusion in the pre-sale as well as provide more details about the ticketing process and event in general.

Seating Format

Seating for the Charleston Classic is general admission separated into two tiers – Premium Lower Chairback and Lower Bleacher/Upper. Premium Lower Chairback tickets will allow first-come, first-serve access to anywhere in Sections 101-105 and 111-115, which include the areas immediately behind each team bench. Likewise, Lower Bleacher/Upper seats will allow first-come, first serve access to anywhere else in the building. A seating map of TD Arena is attached for your reference.

Tournament Format

Four games will be contested each day on November 21, 22 & 24, with each team playing once per day. The strong tournament field includes two teams in Stadium’s Preseason Top 25 - #6 Florida and #17 Xavier. They will be joined by returning MAC champion Buffalo, UConn, Miami, Missouri State, Saint Joseph’s, and Towson.

Pre-Sale and Bracket Release Timing

As of now, the pre-sale is scheduled to begin on Monday, July 8 at 10 a.m., while the tournament bracket/schedule is scheduled to be released on Thursday, July 11. Since having access to the schedule might be important for travel arrangements you will have an opportunity to purchase tickets at the discounted rate both before and after the bracket the released. Access to the discounted pre-sale rate will conclude on Friday, July 12 at 4:30 p.m. ET.

Pre-Sale Hours
Start
Bracket Release
End
July 8 at 10 a.m. ET​
July 11​
July 12 at 4:30 p.m. ET​

Pre-Sale Link and Code

The pre-sale code will be “palmetto” (all lowercase). The link will be distributed by Monday morning in an additional email from me so please stay tuned for that.

Ticket Pricing

During the pre-sale period you’ll be able to purchase all-tournament Premium Lower Chairback tickets for $135 ($15 off the normal price of $150) and/or Lower Bleacher/Upper tickets for $95 ($25 off the normal price of $120). There will be a maximum of six (6) tickets per order.

Single-session tickets will go on sale in October, pending availability. Fans are encouraged to purchase early if sitting in the lower bowl is important to you, as the Premium tier has sold out before October the past two years.

Premium Group Seating/Hospitality

TD Arena has one Presidents Box (can accommodate 30 people) and two loge boxes (10 people). Some more information along with photos are available on our website, which is linked below. Both areas come with VIP Hospitality Access, which includes a catered meal each session as well as unlimited beer and wine. If you are interested in elevating your experience at the Classic through one of these options please let me know.

Premium Group Seating Information

Travel/Discounted Hotel Accommodations

If traveling from out of town please note that discounted hotel rooms at the Hyatt Place & Hyatt House (our official fan hotel) will soon be available via our travel partner Anthony Travel. The connected properties are only a year old and conveniently located on Upper King Street just 7 blocks from TD Arena. To receive notification once rooms are available please sign up here.

More information about Charleston as a destination can be found on our Travel Page. Most notably, Charleston has been named the #1 small city in the U.S. by Travel + Leisure six years in a row (2013-2018).

Thank you again for your interest in the event. I hope to see you in Charleston this November!

Best,
Grayson Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member