Charleston Classic | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Team Boneyard

As we look forward to next year, it would be awesome to get a great showing for a very winnable Charleston Classic Preseason Tourney

I’ve been taking trips to Charleston 3-4x per year for business for a while now. In the process, have gotten to know the area and it’s an easy 2hr, $200 flight from NYC.

I’ve been negotiating with Big Gun Burger Bar to host us as the official locale of UConn hoops for the weekend. Big Gun is across the street from the Dewberry, walking distance to the arena, and right near King Street. Gauging the pulse and interest of Husky Nation and seeing if we’ll get a good crew down there.

Getting back to March Madness begins with Charleston next year!!!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I live in the greater Charleston area, I know there are a number of us who live in the area. I will be at the games just let me know when you finalize plans. I’ll be there.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I'm dying to make the trip from CT....always wanted to visit Charleston and would love to support the guys!
I live here and travel for a living. It’s the most beautiful city in the United States, hands down, even if we weren’t playing in a tournament here it’s somewhere that you need to visit.

Reaction Score
Like the early response. Big Gun is on the same block as the arena so working on getting them to set up outdoor/indoor projector, drink/food specials, and UConn/Charleston gear for the event.

Also, great city/venue to watch the new, young Huskies. Arena in Charleston is very intimate - not a bad seat in the place. I’ll be coming from NYC and can’t say enough good things about the area

Reaction Score
And the week before Thanksgiving as well nice. UConn games and getting some late-season golf it should be a good week,

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
negative me: This is the most meh exempt event I can ever remember UConn being in. Miami! Buffalo! Xavier! In a CAA gym! Don't mention Florida, its very unlikely UConn will play them since they play in CT next year.

positive me: its a great town to visit and if you go you will have a good time, especially if you bring the clubs

I suggest not being a curmudgeon and going.

Reaction Score
Thinking about it. Never been able to go to most of these tournaments in the past because they fall on Thanksgiving week.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I can get us on to almost all of the courses sans kiawah island, etc we just have to tip the cart guy. If y’all want to get a 4 some going let me know.

Reaction Score
I'll be there for sure. I live a few hours north in Wilmington

OT: Wilmington is also a great city. A real hidden gem. My wife and I wanted to get away for some 3 day weekend or something and I came across a good Airbnb deal there. We went it into it with no expectations and were blown away.

On Topic: I would consider making the trip from Atlanta for this. Will definitely be in Gainesville for the Florida game 2 years from now.

Reaction Score
I’ll be there. I’m just deciding whether to drive or fly. Do I spend the $200 on a flight and $300 on a car or just go cheap and drive 13 hours from CT?
Is Charleston not a good Uber/Lyft city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom