Charleston Classic

-
Surprisingly, no love from ESPN...

Team to beat: Florida. With Kerry Blackshear Jr. now in the fold, Florida is a legitimate national title contender -- and we'll also get an early look at the impact of Gators five-star freshman Scottie Lewis.

Sleeper team: Miami. The Hurricanes should take a step forward next season, with Chris Lykes running the show and the addition of four-star guards Harlond Beverly and Isaiah Wong.

Player to watch: Xavier brings back four starters from a team that finished strong -- but Travis Steele will need an immediate impact from Ohio graduate transfer Jason Carter up front.

Something for the college hoops junkies: What's next at Buffalo? The Bulls have been to the NCAA tournament four times in the last six seasons and lost coaches Bobby Hurley (Arizona State) and Nate Oats (Alabama) along the way. Can Jim Whitesell continue the winning ways? -- Jeff Borzello

Your guide to 13 early-season college basketball tournaments

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
Surprisingly, no love from ESPN...

Team to beat: Florida. With Kerry Blackshear Jr. now in the fold, Florida is a legitimate national title contender -- and we'll also get an early look at the impact of Gators five-star freshman Scottie Lewis.

Sleeper team: Miami. The Hurricanes should take a step forward next season, with Chris Lykes running the show and the addition of four-star guards Harlond Beverly and Isaiah Wong.

Player to watch: Xavier brings back four starters from a team that finished strong -- but Travis Steele will need an immediate impact from Ohio graduate transfer Jason Carter up front.

Something for the college hoops junkies: What's next at Buffalo? The Bulls have been to the NCAA tournament four times in the last six seasons and lost coaches Bobby Hurley (Arizona State) and Nate Oats (Alabama) along the way. Can Jim Whitesell continue the winning ways? -- Jeff Borzello

Your guide to 13 early-season college basketball tournaments
Beat Buffalo by double figures and that narrative will change.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Just noticed this little tidbit on the bottom of the Charleston bracket:

Non-Bracketed Games: Saint Joseph’s at Connecticut (Nov. 13)

Here's the bracket. The Tournament Manager told me he lobbied to get UConn in the evening bracket for Thursday and Friday to draw alums from the Carolinas. Looks as if he succeeded. Of course, ESPN will do just about anything to highlight the UConn brand.:rolleyes:

Hi all,

UConn Alumni is holding a pre-game at Carolina Ale House starting three hours before all the games--we've reserved the whole rooftop, which I bet gets you a great view down in Charleston!

ESPN's Charleston Classic Men's Basketball Tournament

72 beers on tap, plus I hear we may be offering Beavers there if you want some Ted's nostalgia down South... :)
Calhoun St. .....beautiful

Just booked a round tripper outta NYC for a total price of $177 (get em while they're hot!). I'm prob going alone so I'd love to meet up if people are going to congregate

Jet Blue?
Delta 3720 - flies out of LGA 11/20 at 8:00 PM
Delta 2654 - flies out of CHS 11/24 at 4:35 PM
Yes, I am missing the final day which sucks but the deal was too good to pass up and I didn't wanna spend $300+. 2 games will satisfy me, lol. See you diehards in Charleston :cool:

Any info on when or how the tickets are delivered? I bought mine, but haven't received anything. I didn't even get an email confirmation that I purchased them. But the charge is there on my credit card.

Any info on when or how the tickets are delivered? I bought mine, but haven't received anything. I didn't even get an email confirmation that I purchased them. But the charge is there on my credit card.
Tickets are shipped in late July/early August. I was told they should arrive in less than 1 month.