Charleston Classic Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Charleston Classic Other Games

Reaction Score
Looks like Florida is gonna escape. Clearly they need Kerry Blackshear. Gotta be disappointed with his inability to stay on the floor thus far if you're a Gator fan.

This Ryan Daly kid is something else though..
Pre fredette. Remember no one wanted to believe it. Not ye same guy. But the same reaction. Not a sneaky star like a....eBen hansborugh.

Reaction Score
Did UConn recruit Xavier's Tyrique Jones very hard? From Bloomfield. I don't remember. Kid has turned into a very good player. 6-9 and 240. Haven't had one like that in a while.

Tyrique Jones grew up in Bloomfield rooting for UConn. He was recruited by Kevin Ollie while at Vermont Academy and made an unofficial visit, but wound up at Xavier instead.

Tyrique Jones could face his hometown team, UConn, on Friday

I don't know if you guys recruited him, but one of the reasons we got him is because he really wanted to play in the big east. He's been one of my favorite players in the last 5 years. Monster on the glass and a great kid.

had himself a night tonight, too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Close game for Florida and Miami right now. We play one of these teams either way. Kerry Blackshear is playing well for UF. His foul trouble was huge for us against them.

Reaction Score
bored at work hypothetical- really glad we were slotted on the other side of the bracket from florida having just played them. not saying we lose tonight against xavier, but if we do, who do we want to win in the finals, UF or Xavier?

obviously if florida wins then our win against them will look better and if xavier wins then our loss against them will look better.

probably rooting for UF so they get ranked again. xavier won't fall out of the top 25 with a loss. having said that i fully expect UF to be back inside the top 15 come march no matter what, and it would be good for the NBE if xavier won....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
bored at work hypothetical- really glad we were slotted on the other side of the bracket from florida having just played them. not saying we lose tonight against xavier, but if we do, who do we want to win in the finals, UF or Xavier?

obviously if florida wins then our win against them will look better and if xavier wins then our loss against them will look better.

probably rooting for UF so they get ranked again. xavier won't fall out of the top 25 with a loss. having said that i fully expect UF to be back inside the top 15 come march no matter what, and it would be good for the NBE if xavier won....
Hypothetically speaking, FL. I’d like to take care of business tonight, however.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The way this tournament is structured makes no sense. Why is one semi final game at noon and the other one is at 9:30? Strange.

Reaction Score
How the heck did the Huskies lose to St. Joe's? They pretty much shot their whole wad for the season against us.

Reaction Score
Missouri State beats St Joes by 2. Unfortunate. Hopefully they win a lot of A10 games.

Reaction Score
Missouri State beats St Joes by 2. Unfortunate. Hopefully they win a lot of A10 games.
They were projected to finish near the bottom of the A-10. I don't think that's going to happen. UConn's game against them is just one of those things that happens once in a while. Hey, Kentucky lost to Evansville. These things happen sometimes. Hopefully at the end of the year the St. Joe's game won't mean much.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The fact we from down 21 to down 3 in about 4 minutes vs Saint Joe’s tells you everything. That game was just ridiculous

Reaction Score
They were projected to finish near the bottom of the A-10. I don't think that's going to happen. UConn's game against them is just one of those things that happens once in a while. Hey, Kentucky lost to Evansville. These things happen sometimes. Hopefully at the end of the year the St. Joe's game won't mean much.
Hurts us more than it does a Kentucky, but it absolutely happens and isn't the end of the world. Nobody was calling for KO's head after Wagner, only after Northeastern was it a huge problem. One clunker buy-game every few seasons is reasonable

Reaction Score
St. Joe's now 0/9 from 3 to start. Last one just bricked off the backboard.

They're shooting 29.7% on 3's in the games outside of ours.

Edit- Now 1/14 at halftime. They were 8/13 at halftime against us.
Our uniforms have lost their kyptonite. Its like opposing teams see UCann right now. I expect that to change with our Coach and what I'm seeing lately.

Reaction Score
Jeez Towson taking Buffalo close. Towson making all of our wins look bad, Florida, Buffalo

Reaction Score
Jeez Towson taking Buffalo close. Towson making all of our wins look bad, Florida, Buffalo

Not so fast there. Buffalo with the big comeback!
Akok/Adams > Xavier

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom