Charles Okwandu to play ball in Florida Basketball Association | The Boneyard

Charles Okwandu to play ball in Florida Basketball Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've lived in Florida for the past 20 years....and I had no idea that the FBA existed. Good luck Chuck!

Reaction Score
One of the most underrated heros of the 2011 championship team. Was never an offense threat, but his key blocks and rebounds kept us afloat.

Reaction Score
One of the most underrated heros of the 2011 championship team. Was never an offense threat, but his key blocks and rebounds kept us afloat.
I couldn't agree more. When we struggled in 11-12 many people just attributed it to losing the enormity of Kemba's contributions while overlooking what DBev brought off the court and Chuck contributed at least on the court. By his senior season he was similar to Jake in terms of defensive presence and rebounding. He may not have blocked 4 shots per game but he provided a strong presence down low that the team critically needed. From what I've heard he's a nice kid too so I hope things work out great for him.

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more. When we struggled in 11-12 many people just attributed it to losing the enormity of Kemba's contributions while overlooking what DBev brought off the court and Chuck contributed at least on the court. By his senior season he was similar to Jake in terms of defensive presence and rebounding. He may not have blocked 4 shots per game but he provided a strong presence down low that the team critically needed. From what I've heard he's a nice kid too so I hope things work out great for him.

Last summer I saw Chuck on the beach on Block Island with some of his homies. He seemed a little shy when I approached him to congratulate/thank him for 2011, but he was very polite and gracious. I actually asked him straight out about his BET interview, at which point he immediately brightened up, saying "Oh yeah, I always watch that video." It was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom