Charles Coleman Jr. | The Boneyard

Charles Coleman Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what the deal with this kid is? Why is he ranked so low? How many 7 footers with NBA bodies that can run a pick n roll, hit a jump shot and make their free throws are out there? Are we still recruiting him?

Charles Coleman, Dexter School, Center (BK)

Reaction Score
No offense to OP but we need to stop making threads for kids when there’s no news

On Coleman, Hurley isn’t recruiting him
I respectfully disagree. We had interest in him. How many 7' centers are there out there who can shoot the three? The OP asks an interesting question as to why there isn't more high major interest. Looking at his videos you can see a lot of what he does offensively away from the basket won't work in D1 but that said there are many less germane threads on this board. He still has a full year of high school left. We have threads about pizza, beer, Arbys etc and I like all of them and I'm not complaining. But saying this isn't a worthwhile thread given that is unfortunate.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. We had interest in him. How many 7' centers are there out there who can shoot the three? The OP asks an interesting question as to why there isn't more high major interest.
It's just strange, there are 7 footers who can't stay on the floor more than 5 minutes at a time ranked within the top 150. This kid has legitimate basketball skills, albeit in slow motion, but kids like this just don't come around very often. He plays a lot of minutes. He also plays right up the road from us.

Reaction Score
Rivals still shows a UConn offer among a stellar group including UNLV, South Florida and Stony Brook as the headliners.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. We had interest in him. How many 7' centers are there out there who can shoot the three? The OP asks an interesting question as to why there isn't more high major interest. Looking at his videos you can see a lot of what he does offensively away from the basket won't work in D1 but that said there are many less germane threads on this board. He still has a full year of high school left. We have threads about pizza, beer, Arbys etc and I like all of them and I'm not complaining. But saying this isn't a worthwhile thread given that is unfortunate.
Hurley has never recruited him. UConn isn’t recruiting him. We’re putting recruiting tags on threads that don’t merit them. If there was news about a recruit, it would have been posted. There’s no need to create new threads to ask questions that can be answered by using the search function IMO.

If people don’t care generally then have at it, but it seems like lately 1 out of every 3 recruiting threads has basically no new information in them.

Reaction Score
Hurley has never recruited him. UConn isn’t recruiting him. We’re putting recruiting tags on threads that don’t merit them. If there was news about a recruit, it would have been posted. There’s no need to create new threads to ask questions that can be answered by using the search function IMO.

If people don’t care generally then have at it, but it seems like lately 1 out of every 3 recruiting threads has basically no new information in them.

Recruiting is fluid I appreciate people bringing up potential recruits and hearing what's going on with them, never know.

Reaction Score
Is he playing against some 7-2 guys or something? I feel like he does not look anywhere near 7 feet in those clips. As to the original question, I had thought that he was an interesting prospect in the past. But I would prefer every other big we've been mentioned with over him. Clearly, given that there's not that much national interest in him, there's some other issues beside being a stretch-5.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what the deal with this kid is? Why is he ranked so low? How many 7 footers with NBA bodies that can run a pick n roll, hit a jump shot and make their free throws are out there? Are we still recruiting him?

Charles Coleman, Dexter School, Center (BK)

That kid is a legit 7'? Doesn't look remotely close to it in the vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom