Charity Game Idea | The Boneyard

Charity Game Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Reaction Score
I don't know about you, but I'd love to see a game between Lady Vol alums vs. Lady Husky alums, coached by Pat and Geno, with the proceeds going to Pat's Alzheimer's Foundation. Who here wouldn't pay to see Holdsclaw, Catchings, Parker, Lawson, et al, go against Bird, Taurasi, Cash, and Moore all together just one last time? Fill Thompson-Boling to the rafters, broadcast it on ESPN2, and put millions into the coffers for Alzheimer's research.

Reaction Score
I don't know about you, but I'd love to see a game between Lady Vol alums vs. Lady Husky alums, coached by Pat and Geno, with the proceeds going to Pat's Alzheimer's Foundation. Who here wouldn't pay to see Holdsclaw, Catchings, Parker, Lawson, et al, go against Bird, Taurasi, Cash, and Moore all together just one last time? Fill Thompson-Boling to the rafters, broadcast it on ESPN2, and put millions into the coffers for Alzheimer's research.
At UConn its just "Huskies"

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've proposed this before, but may be time to try again.

Here's how I'd do it:
Doubleheader, New Year's Eve, Madison Square Garden.

One game between the current teams, and the other game between the alumns.

Proceeds to benefit Pat's Foundation.

Why New Year's Eve? Many of the alumns are playing pro ball in Europe, but most have a Christmas Break, so it is about the only time the game could be played.

Yes, I'm aware of a major hurdle, but maybe the chance to raise a pile of money for a worthy charity would be enough.

Reaction Score
Can this sort of thing take place with UC participation after all the stuff that has gone on since 2007? I know that Geno and Pat have been softer to each other, but does the detente extend to the programs and universities to the extent that we are going to schedule games again? I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom