Chargers to LA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chargers to LA

Reaction Score
That's your question, it's not my question. My question is less data driven and more visceral. Does the rise in a city's prestige from housing an NFL franchise provide its citizens with a sufficient degree of increased civic pride (by knowing they're considered "in the big leagues") to justify the expenditures and debt financing to make it happen. Buffalo is the 73rd largest city in America. Do you think Buffalo feels different (larger, more important) to its population because it has the Bills? Absolutely. And it was worth whatever the cost may have been to make it happen. And don't think that much larger cities such as #19 El Paso, #20 Memphis, #29 Portland, #39 Virginia Beach all wish they had an NFL team. You don't think it makes an enormous difference to perception and pride? You can argue all day about the efficient use of money. In the end lots of dollars are wasted on inefficient and non-impactful projects. You can analyze the data, I'd rather be inefficient spending my city's tax money for an NFL franchise--like #62 Pittsburgh did.

Billionaires should build their own stadiums not ask for handouts.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My pro teams (Cubs & Patriots) have a zero chance of ever moving. But like a lot of us, I had my heart torn out with the Whalers move. As a result, I no longer follow pro hockey ... at all. Screw the NHL.

I feel the pain of the San Diego fans.
Today this is true but 25 years ago (in my eyes this is not that long ago) the Pats almost moved to St Louis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom