Chapman to the Yankees | The Boneyard

Chapman to the Yankees

Reaction Score
The guy is legit.

That trade now becomes Brendan Ryan for a whole lot of real good Cub prospects------Gleyber Torres etc

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The guy is legit.

That trade now becomes Brendan Ryan for a whole lot of real good Cub prospects------Gleyber Torres etc
And it looks like Gleyber Torres is BEYOND legit. At 19, by far the youngest player ever to win the AZFL batting title and league MVP. Ridiculous.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What do Yankee fans see as the next year where the club will be competitive? In other words, in what year of this 5-year contract will they actually use Chapman?

Not rhetorical/snarky. What's the timeline?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
What do Yankee fans see as the next year where the club will be competitive? In other words, in what year of this 5-year contract will they actually use Chapman?

Maybe, maybe, WC at best. The pitching staff and dearth of durable players is the weak point, and it's really weak. But luck, namely good luck, could appear and perhaps they overachieve and get the upper hand WC. However, the pitching staffs of the other AL East teams just walk over the Yankees next year. Now 2018 or 2019, I'm hoping for a bit more, like a guaranteed WC spot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Year two of the five year contract.

There is an outside shot they'll be in the wildcard race next labor day.

Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of giving big money and, more specifically, a lot of years to a reliever. However, the Yankees do have incredibly deep pockets and can afford to "waste" year 1 or even 2 to set themselves up for years 3-5. The big criticism I have is giving this much to someone when it's not because you are a favorite in a division and are looking for the final piece to put you over the top. A coworker of mine (who is a Yankees fan) said that the Mets (I'm a Mets fan) should trade for a closer. I didn't think it prudent and still don't when you can just lose in a 1 game playoff without ever using him. That's a huge gamble when it comes to money and prospects. Had the Mets been winning the division or had a semi-realistic shot, then I would have softened that stance.

Reaction Score
Would like to have had them add Hill to the staff but the Dodgers wanted to keep him so they would have had to overpay. The staff is questionable yet again but they will field a competitive team next year I believe. The fact you replace ARod (half a year) with Holiday and Tex with Bird already makes your line up a bit stronger. Not sure they're done as I doubt they field both Ellsbury and Gardner, that just isn't working. Love to get rid of both actually but that won't happen. Don't think Judge is the answer, looked overmatched too often although I liked the small sampling f Mason Williams.

Love to replace Headley, good fielder with little impact on offense at a power position. Anyone who can hit .300 or with power please. 2018 they will be right there as next years FA market is primed.

Reaction Score
Would like to have had them add Hill to the staff but the Dodgers wanted to keep him so they would have had to overpay. The staff is questionable yet again but they will field a competitive team next year I believe. The fact you replace ARod (half a year) with Holiday and Tex with Bird already makes your line up a bit stronger. Not sure they're done as I doubt they field both Ellsbury and Gardner, that just isn't working. Love to get rid of both actually but that won't happen. Don't think Judge is the answer, looked overmatched too often although I liked the small sampling f Mason Williams.

Love to replace Headley, good fielder with little impact on offense at a power position. Anyone who can hit .300 or with power please. 2018 they will be right there as next years FA market is primed.
Judge will be fine. He's had the same issue at every level and he has adjusted at every level.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Judge will be fine. He's had the same issue at every level and he has adjusted at every level.
Judge will jack but expect .245 average and tons of Ks.

Love the Holiday signing.

And, the Bird will be the Word again!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom